Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition with On The Brink.

I've only played this game maybe 15 times...and do really enjoy it. But I've noticed that some of the disease cubes have cracks in them...and others seem to have completely 'cleaved' away...leaving me with a half cube that is noticeably smaller than the standard size. Anyone else have this problem? Does Z-man offer some replacements?

I'm debating on the 2nd edition (maybe selling my copy for cheap to a friend, just to recoup some $)...but obviously won't make a move before OTB comes out as well. Even then...tough sell, just to buy a game I already have. I digress...I just don't want to have small slivers of wood for cubes in another 15 plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the old Z-man too with the wooden cubes and for what it is worth I have not had this problem (cracks in the cubes) with this game and I have about 80 plays on my copy (some of which are mine, but I loan games to friends too and they have logged some plays on my copy too).

Nevertheless if you want the new edition and just want to sell or give away the old copy to friend then have at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
al_fredo wrote:
I have the first edition with On The Brink.

I've only played this game maybe 15 times...and do really enjoy it. But I've noticed that some of the disease cubes have cracks in them...and others seem to have completely 'cleaved' away...leaving me with a half cube that is noticeably smaller than the standard size. Anyone else have this problem? Does Z-man offer some replacements?

I'm debating on the 2nd edition (maybe selling my copy for cheap to a friend, just to recoup some $)...but obviously won't make a move before OTB comes out as well. Even then...tough sell, just to buy a game I already have. I digress...I just don't want to have small slivers of wood for cubes in another 15 plays.

2nd Ed have plastic cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my copy of Pandemic is about three years old. I have at least a hundred plays with my copy and the wooden cubes show no sign of damage.

Email Z-Man games. They might replace your defective cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Monson
United States
Oceanside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just to give you a heads up. If you are interested there have been a lot of members of BGG that have made their own tokens and such for the game. the best set that I have found, fantastico made. If you want to keep your copy and augment the style of play... check it out. http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1095525/pandemic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks...I looked at fantasico's. He's not making them anymore, but call me crazy, I kinda like the cubes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Litko has plastic disease markers that look like the diseases instead of cubes. Kind of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...they are cool, but pricy. $40!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sigma Phi
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was looking for new cubes for my 2nd edition set and found some on amazon. 500 1 centimeter plastic cubes for around 13 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/CENTIMETER-CUBES-500-PK-10-COLORS/dp/B...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rampart wrote:
I was looking for new cubes for my 2nd edition set and found some on amazon. 500 1 centimeter plastic cubes for around 13 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/CENTIMETER-CUBES-500-PK-10-COLORS/dp/B...

1cm cube would be slightly larger than the original, so the board estate will be even more crowded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sigma Phi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah, you're right. I probably wouldn't mind but I could see how some people would.

Anyone know if the wooden cubes from version 1 are a different size from version 2?

I wish I could just order some of the original wooden cubes from z-man games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't contacted them for replacements yet, but I'll let you know.

Version 2 are translucent plastic cubes. And again, at $13+shipping...might as well just rebuy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sigma Phi
United States
California
flag msg tools
I kind of wish I would have bought the original instead of the 2nd version.

I think I might prefer the old style of board and cubes. The new cubes are easy to miss on the board, especially the black/translucent grey blocks. I actually had to color every black block with a black sharpie just so they were more noticeable on the board. Also, since the the board is mainly blue/black it's makes it really hard to notice the new small lines which connect the cities to their corresponding marker, mainly for the blue/black cities.

The old board and pieces just seem to stand out more from one another and that's usually a good thing for a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many mm are the 2nd edition plastic cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The original wooden ones are 10mm. Those don't fit well in the petri dishes. The plastic ones are 8mm. They do fit well in the petri dishes and match the purples that come with OTB and ITL. You can get 8mm wooden cubes from meeplesource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
chilinski wrote:
The original wooden ones are 10mm. Those don't fit well in the petri dishes. The plastic ones are 8mm. They do fit well in the petri dishes and match the purples that come with OTB and ITL. You can get 8mm wooden cubes from meeplesource.

Here's a link to the ones I got:
http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=250Cubes

You will have enough left over if you want them for other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.