Subject: Giving feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Loisel
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the gameplay videos, and obviously I liked it or I wouldn't have pledged, but there were a few aspects I felt unsure about. I was wondering: is what we saw final? Are we expected to give feedback? Can we? What is the proper way of doing that (e-mail, BGG forums, etc.)?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback is always appreciated.

Messaging me directly here would be best in the current situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
Awesome...good to see you still wanting to be involved with the community Brian (I've been hearing good things about MERCS community involvement).

Some feedback I'd like to offer, based on what I've seen so far:

Variety of encounters: I don't mean different races for the spawn points. What I mean is that the spawn points seem to be the meat of the encounters. I'd really like the game to offer more in terms of encounter variety than always running into a spawning point or 2. This is the way Super Dungeon Explore works, and while there are a variety of different spawning points, it kinda gets bland that it's always some form of spawning point. It would be nice to lay down a new tile and simply find a selection of bad guys, rather than some form of spawn point.

Focus on Narrative: I like the gameplay I see so far, but I want to make sure there's enough focus on the story aspect of the game. The story has been promoted a LOT, but how much does it really come up during playing of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
Variety of encounters: I don't mean different races for the spawn points. What I mean is that the spawn points seem to be the meat of the encounters. I'd really like the game to offer more in terms of encounter variety than always running into a spawning point or 2. This is the way Super Dungeon Explore works, and while there are a variety of different spawning points, it kinda gets bland that it's always some form of spawning point. It would be nice to lay down a new tile and simply find a selection of bad guys, rather than some form of spawn point.

This exists.

When populating a tile, there is a choice to be made between lairs, roaming monsters or a combination of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
This exists.

When populating a tile, there is a choice to be made between lairs, roaming monsters or a combination of the two.

Happy to hear that!

I really hope there is going to be different types of terrain and predetermined or randomly placed obstacles that can block movement and/or line of sight. Maybe heroes can even move objects around to create cover. This is a miniature wargame, right? :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player elimination
Taking this thread as the opportunity to raise questions / concerns, I believe that this cooperative game will have player elimination.

I'll probably house-rule on this point anyway, but I'd appreciate an official variant along the lines of the Last Night on Earth zombie hero rule, whereby when a player's last hero dies it becomes a zombie (thereby helping the darkness) but the player gets a new hero.

In the absence of a full rule-set, I'm looking at using the Agents of Darkness as the "zombie hero" equivalents. I know we also have the torch-bearer to support this.

Brian - is there any chance of getting an official (reasonably balanced though possibly starter / family-friendly) version of the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Brian said to message him directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
This is a miniature wargame, right? :-)

No, its a miniature dungeon crawl. A miniature wargame is Warhammer 40K or Infinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peter100 wrote:
Taking this thread as the opportunity to raise questions / concerns, I believe that this cooperative game will have player elimination.

I'll probably house-rule on this point anyway, but I'd appreciate an official variant along the lines of the Last Night on Earth zombie hero rule, whereby when a player's last hero dies it becomes a zombie (thereby helping the darkness) but the player gets a new hero.

In the absence of a full rule-set, I'm looking at using the Agents of Darkness as the "zombie hero" equivalents. I know we also have the torch-bearer to support this.

Brian - is there any chance of getting an official (reasonably balanced though possibly starter / family-friendly) version of the rules?

Not that you can't house rule it, but why would we need an official variant for this? In almost any co-op game, if a character dies, they aren't out of the game. They can still contribute to decisions made by the party. If its a child, assign them the job of moving and rolling for monsters. They still get to play.

I'm all for contributing to the process, but let's let them make Myth before we start asking for other versions of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing the D&D Adventure System board games did great was the healing surges, making sure that no single player was ever out of the game, but if they lost they'd all lose together. Outright player elimination kind of sucks, particularly in coop, even if you are sitting on the sidelines giving advice. If Myth found a work-around for that it would be cool. But yeah, what Frog said - looking forward to my copy either way. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why we have Kenneth, the Torchbearermeatshield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
That's why we have Kenneth, the Torchbearermeatshield.

I thought his name was Patsy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Please leave player elimination in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meredith
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The way player elimination works, as it has been described, is a player who dies comes back the next act. The way I imagine this works out (since this is a story being told around a campfire,) is in a later Act the dead hero shows back up. "Wait! You said he died in he last part..." "SHHH! Who's tellin' this story? No where was I?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mondayshero wrote:
The way player elimination works, as it has been described, is a player who dies comes back the next act. The way I imagine this works out (since this is a story being told around a campfire,) is in a later Act the dead hero shows back up. "Wait! You said he died in he last part..." "SHHH! Who's tellin' this story? No where was I?"

I just imagined that after all the Myth stuff is printed, boxed and ready for shipment that Brian will go Mel Gibson in Ransom on us and post a video of how we will never see any of the games.

Made me laugh to imagine that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mondayshero wrote:
The way player elimination works, as it has been described, is a player who dies comes back the next act. The way I imagine this works out (since this is a story being told around a campfire,) is in a later Act the dead hero shows back up. "Wait! You said he died in he last part..."

Ah, but he was only mostly dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
n3rd wrote:
This is a miniature wargame, right? :-)

No, its a miniature dungeon crawl. A miniature wargame is Warhammer 40K or Infinity.

Good to know my sarcasm wasn't lost on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think player elimination should be left in. What's the point of a dungeon crawl if you effectively have god mode on? It can easily be house-ruled for those playing with groups where this is a problem but the fact you come back in between acts makes it palatable in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Kenny reference is better for player elimination in general.

'Wanders back in the next act' Noone seems remotely perplexed...

Guy that died: "Guys...I just died? Didn't you like...miss me or something, I went to hell & got reborn and everything!!?"

Party: "Stop being silly, you've been here all along!"

Guy that died: "For gods sake guys this is the 5th time, I like..exploded last time! How can you not remember!!...."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
I think the Kenny reference is better for player elimination in general.

'Wanders back in the next act' Noone seems remotely perplexed...

Guy that died: "Guys...I just died? Didn't you like...miss me or something, I went to hell & got reborn and everything!!?"

Party: "Stop being silly, you've been here all along!"

Guy that died: "For gods sake guys this is the 5th time, I like..exploded last time! How can you not remember!!...."

Mega lols! But nothing says player elimination means they die:

'Ah man I just got smacked around the head with a shield or got an arrow through the leg. Sorry I couldn't help you guys out but thanks for finishing them off and carrying me to camp for attention'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
'Ah man I just got smacked around the head with a shield or got an arrow through the leg. Sorry I couldn't help you guys out but thanks for finishing them off and carrying me to camp for attention'

I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took an arrow to the knee...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, there's no way he'd be returning to the next act with an arrow to the knee. It's a career-ender! Only fit for guard duty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, arrow straight through, pulled out and plugged back in. This isn't Game of Thrones! We're heroes, I'm goddamn Druss the Barbarian, nothing is going to stop me....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to be able to shout:

"By the light of Pallas - they hath slain Kenneth!"
"Scoundrels!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.