Subject: Heat of Battle due to Morale Check on an already broken squad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Peeters
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
This is me in my French Napoleonic re-enactment outfit!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A broken squad needs to take a 1MC, they roll a 1,1 which yields a Heat of Battle.
The HoB roll is a 5, so this means Hero Creation and Battle Hardening.
Is the Hero wounded because he is created from a broken squad?
The squad Battle Hardens but stays broken?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero is not wounded, and the squad is not broken.
But keep in mind that a broken squad has a +1 on the HOB roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danny Peeters wrote:

A15.3:
"...This Battle Hardening effect improves the unit in Class (even if broken) by exchanging it for an unbroken, unpinned unit of the same size but the next higher quality...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Danny Peeters wrote:

A15.3:
"...This Battle Hardening effect improves the unit in Class (even if broken) by exchanging it for an unbroken, unpinned unit of the same size but the next higher quality...."

This is the only way I know of that a unit can become unbroken in the Rout Phase. Take Interdiction, Battle Harden, and Advance back into a useful position.

Yes, it has happened to me before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Peeters
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
This is me in my French Napoleonic re-enactment outfit!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the fast replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind, ELR doesn't affect broken units, if my recall is correct...

Something players miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roundhill wrote:
This is the only way I know of that a unit can become unbroken in the Rout Phase. Take Interdiction, Battle Harden, and Advance back into a useful position.

I guess it could happen via HoB on a LLMC as well during the RtPh as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cirillo
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although never forced to Rout through a minefield/FFE, I believe a broken unit may Rout through a minefield/FFE in the hopes of getting attacked, taking a MC, rolling HoB, and then becoming unbroken.

Sounds like such a strategy is more likely to end with eliminated units, but hey, at least it is a strategy.

Bill

Roundhill wrote:
klasmalmstrom wrote:
Danny Peeters wrote:

A15.3:

Yes, it has happened to me before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While on the subject of sleazy moves by broken units...there are certain circumstances where you cannot declare no quarter and have to take prisoners (DTO for example). On my bucket list is to run up adjacent to an enemy unit with two of mine. Have one break and surrender then advance the other one in and get sequential CC since there are now guards Nd prisoners involved. If the surrendering unit is already a conscript, when you kill the guards, you'll get the unit back at the same level!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinnie37 wrote:
While on the subject of sleazy moves by broken units...there are certain circumstances where you cannot declare no quarter and have to take prisoners (DTO for example). On my bucket list is to run up adjacent to an enemy unit with two of mine. Have one break and surrender then advance the other one in and get sequential CC since there are now guards Nd prisoners involved. If the surrendering unit is already a conscript, when you kill the guards, you'll get the unit back at the same level!

I came close to that... a leader and an elite squad with an LMG were adjacent to a Romanian half squad. The elite squad broke and was forced to surrender to the half squad. The leader picked up the LMG, leaped into CC with the HS, ambushed them and killed them. I think had enough weapons for a half squad of conscripts, the unarmed HS took the LMG and I had an armed full squad equivalent back on the board!
Next turn they all died. C'est la guerre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinnie37 wrote:
...Have one break and surrender then advance the other one in and get sequential CC since there are now guards Nd prisoners involved. If the surrendering unit is already a conscript, when you kill the guards, you'll get the unit back at the same level!

It won't be sequential CC unless the Prisoners themselves are trying to eliminate their Guards. And they can not attempt to do that unless the Guard is broken and/or it is a Melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.