Hide
16 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Blank Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lawlz lolwut
msg tools
Other than buying another copy of the basic set, or the 10-pack from the BGG store, does anyone know where I can get more blank cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Cabrera
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Ebay? It'll prob cost you more though,

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
angelcab01 wrote:

Um, yeah - quite a bit more! Stash is $2.50 from the Geek Store and the blanks are $2.50 from the Geek Store. $5.00 for both (with free shipping) as compared to $13.99 (with free shipping) on E-Bay. But you are only limited to one set from the Geek Store as per restrictions set by Rio Grand Games (although they do lower the restrictions around Christmas).

I'd suggest checking with Rio Grande Games and the Geek Store. I understand the limits on the other promos, but don't think the blanks should be limited to 1 copy. So they might be able to wave that for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Color photo copier + Go nuts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got about 50 blanks, never used -- PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're proxying cards by sleeving them and inserting paper between the front of the blank cards and the sleeve, then it doesn't matter if the cards are actually blank or not. You can buy a set of Base Cards (250 cards for ≈$15) and use your old base cards as blanks. It works quite well. The only downside is that you don't get any randomizer-backed cards.

If you don't sleeve your cards, then this obviously doesn't help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are blanks in just about every expansion, so no need to buy the Base game again. Prosperity Seaside has most blanks at 12, so there's where you get most blanks for your buck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Older Nick wrote:
There are blanks in just about every expansion, so no need to buy the Base game again. Prosperity has most blanks at 12, so there's where you get most blanks for your buck...

Prosperity has 1 blank. You're thinking of Seaside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
Older Nick wrote:
There are blanks in just about every expansion, so no need to buy the Base game again. Prosperity has most blanks at 12, so there's where you get most blanks for your buck...

Correct, and to be more specific, the Seaside blanks are: 11 kingdom cards and 1 randomizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rogue148 wrote:
LastFootnote wrote:
Older Nick wrote:

Correct, and to be more specific, the Seaside blanks are: 11 kingdom cards and 1 randomizer.

I sure would have loved another orange kingdom card leaving us with just one single blank instead of an entire set of blanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
I sure would have loved another orange kingdom card leaving us with just one single blank instead of an entire set of blanks!

Amen, Brother! Amen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Horner
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
If you're proxying cards by sleeving them and inserting paper between the front of the blank cards and the sleeve, then it doesn't matter if the cards are actually blank or not. You can buy a set of Base Cards (250 cards for ≈$15) and use your old base cards as blanks. It works quite well. The only downside is that you don't get any randomizer-backed cards.

You could always use the "randomizer-backed" cards (place holders) for the base cards that came with the base game (including the trash card). Most people don't bother using those. May not be enough, but it is a start.

Beaveman wrote:

While I understand where some games have some blanks, I don't understand why Seaside came with 11+1 instead of 1 plus an extra set of 10+1 kingdom cards (duration or otherwise, though I agree duration would have been nice).

On a related note, it would be nice if the next promo card was something other than an normal action (maybe an action/attack, victory, treasure, etc). I can understand why it wouldn't be something that requires rules or cards from a specific expansion though, so a duration promo may not be feasible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roger1818 wrote:
I can understand why it wouldn't be something that requires rules or cards from a specific expansion though, so a duration promo may not be feasible.

Never really understood why Durations were limited to Seaside to begin with. Rules complexity seems to be up there with any non-Duration card anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
roger1818 wrote:
While I understand where some games have some blanks, I don't understand why Seaside came with 11+1 instead of 1 plus an extra set of 10+1 kingdom cards (duration or otherwise, though I agree duration would have been nice).

Some people thought that some people would like blanks. You can replace a damaged card, or make your own card. Obv. if you want to make your own card you probably want to make more than one, and never get enough blanks to make a bunch; and if you damage a card, you probably don't damage that many, and have more than enough blanks from the first blanks you get. But uh at the time some people thought, blanks, nonzero value, let's have a card's worth. And the set had been going to be 25 cards, like the main set and Intrigue were, so there was space for the blanks.

Seaside originally was just cards. Native Village and Pirate Ship (but not so much Island) really wanted playmats; so, there were two cards that filled that role (times 6 copies of each is 12) (obv. you use the trashed treasures in place of tokens for Pirate Ship, and Embargo itself went on the Embargo'd pile). The set was 25 cards, with some blanks and then cards to be used as playmats. When the playmats became playmats, that freed up space for more cards. Rather than have a big pile of blanks, Haven made it back into the set. That's just 11 cards though; it could already have fit in place of blanks. Anyway you did in a sense get an extra duration card instead of blanks. You just also got the blanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Hockey Mask wrote:
Never really understood why Durations were limited to Seaside to begin with. Rules complexity seems to be up there with any non-Duration card anyway.

Originally they were not limited. Fishing Village is from Prosperity. They only took a sentence or so of rules - if a card affects a future turn, leave it out until the end of the last turn it does something. And then maybe you add a Throne Room clause. Anyway it didn't seem like much and I thought multiple sets would have one or two, just as Dark Ages has Death Cart as a when-gain.

The actual rulebook rules take up a bunch of space though - more than a page. It didn't seem worth it to sprinkle in a card here and there. And as far as doing duration cards as a theme again, I considered it for Guilds, but Jay thought a new theme would be more exciting than more of an old theme, and he was right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Green
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind seeing more old-theme cards in Guilds, though. More VP chips, more Durations, more Potion cards, more everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.