Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only recently started playing RftG using Keldon's AI. I can consistently win the 2 player games I've played so far, of which there have been 5-6. On the other hand, the 3 player AI kicks my butt, which I would expect given my inexperience with the game. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern, and if so, are you aware of any updates that make the 2 player version harder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
honeyralmond wrote:
I can consistently win the 2 player games I've played so far, of which there have been 5-6.

Are you playing 2P or 2PA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fameros wrote:
honeyralmond wrote:
I can consistently win the 2 player games I've played so far, of which there have been 5-6.

Just 2P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play 2PA. The AI seems much more effective at 2PA. I do a little better than 50/50.

Oddly, though, the mac version seems stronger than the PC version. That's got to just be a quirk, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
honeyralmond wrote:
fameros wrote:
honeyralmond wrote:

Just 2P.

When I began playing 2P against Keldon's AI, I also got very happy with myself with the produce/consume trick. Then I went 2PA and got mine satisfyingly handed to me.

Try 2PA and then come back here to show your wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case you're also delving into the expansions, it's been mentioned the AI is trained with goals ON and TOs ON. Turning either of them off seems to throw it off in your favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses. Sounds like I have plenty of options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's more that the AI was tuned for 2pa but not basic 2p, as most people play 2p with the advanced rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
I think it's more that the AI was tuned for 2pa but not basic 2p, as most people play 2p with the advanced rules.

Hmm i'm pretty sure the former isn't the case. It's a neural net that was trained equally in all game sizes: 2p, 2pa, 3p, 4p, 5p, 6p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.