Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boseafus Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey BGB friends,

I'm starting a new series called Games from Games and this week I've "explored" the game Unnamed Object. The basic premise of each article is to spotlight a specific board game or video game that has an interesting “game mechanic” (essentially a rule that guides the player toward a fun experience) and apply it to group games for youth, campers, team-building experiences, classrooms, etc...

Incan Gold was an easy place to start as it can be easily adjusted. If you wanted to teach a press-your-luck style game, this is a great place to start. Anyway, I would love to have you check it out and get your thoughts.

http://intentionalgeek.com/2013/04/25/games-from-games-incan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-themed this as an exploration of an M&M mine. I had 5 different hazards (an exploding chocolate volcano, an Oompa Loompa, etc.) and cards with 1 - 9 M&M's on them. The whole class stands up, and I start flipping cards. After every card any student can opt to sit down and take all the M&M's they've found so far. If you're still standing up when the second hazard match shows up, you're out of luck.
The only drawback is that we go through a 1 lb bag of M&M's for every 2 or 3 classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boseafus Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
LOL...that is awesome. I love the idea of using Candy for this. I'm doing that for use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.