Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Webb
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there's any intention of more maps/expansions like the France/Italy one? Obviousy I am biased but I'd like to see a UK map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UK/Japan or UK/Russia would be really cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
I was talking to Jay Tummelson at a convention a couple of weeks ago, and while "taking the pulse" of the Power-Grid-playing public, he mentioned that Friedemann Friese was working on maps for Austria and China, but due to the challenges of those maps (lots of hydropower, among other things), he wasn't sure when or how they'd come out.

Jay definitely wants to release more maps, but isn't going to do it until he and Friedemann are both happy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a map for Australia would be very easy to complete.

Each state (Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia) become your six regions. Tasmania can be included with Vic, if you like or just have no cities displayed.

Large connection costs across the country, cheap connections along the eastern coast.
Coal oil and garbage begin as normal, uranium starts with 1 less than normal, remove the 11 from the game, Begin with the 12 (instead of 13) on the top, and improve the coal supply by 1 each turn.

It's so easy I'm almost tempted to make one myself...
Finding seven powered locations in the Northern Terrritory might be the only challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
bluebehir wrote:
I think a map for Australia would be very easy to complete.

Each state (Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia) become your six regions. Tasmania can be included with Vic, if you like or just have no cities displayed.

Large connection costs across the country, cheap connections along the eastern coast.
Coal oil and garbage begin as normal, uranium starts with 1 less than normal, remove the 11 from the game, Begin with the 12 (instead of 13) on the top, and improve the coal supply by 1 each turn.

It's so easy I'm almost tempted to make one myself...
Finding seven powered locations in the Northern Terrritory might be the only challenge.

Do it! Then post it here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was torn on that, but ultimately we don't have any nuclear plants anywhere except Lucas Heights which really doesn't supply power. It's more of a research facility.

And since we give it all away, it's not readily available on our market.

(And really, do we need the Australia board to be just like France - I thought it good to take a different angle.)

We use a lot of coal though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a map for Canada.
Maybe it could be used an "expansion" for the US map, to give even more choices in starting regions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kkrieger wrote:
I'd like to see a map for Canada.
Maybe it could be used an "expansion" for the US map, to give even more choices in starting regions?

I've also thought of Canadian maps for Railroad Tycoon and Power Grid. But then I realize that the population mostly lies near the Southern border, and that the useful part of the map would be very short and wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.