Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LudiCreations
Finland
Turku, Finland / Boston, MA, USA
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
As posted on the Kickstarter page, the MSRP for Gear & Piston is expected to be at least $50.

You can see more details there, but backing on KS instead of waiting for afterwards means significant savings, of about 38%-50%, or more, depending on where you want your copy shipped to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
I just have to say that I really appreciate your Kickstarter pricing structure. If people want to get all sorts of extras, they can go ahead and pay more. For those of us who are just interested in the base game, we can pay more or less what we would pay afterwards ordering it from an online source, but we get to support the designers directly.

If more Kickstarter board games did that, I'm sure I'd be supporting them on a regular basis.

Now I can't wait until November :-)

--Noel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
llopis wrote:
If more Kickstarter board games did that, I'm sure I'd be supporting them on a regular basis.

THIS! It's why I backed Gear & Piston. I did the 3 pack though so each copy is running me about $27 which is probably a good chunk cheaper than the OLGS's will have it even. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
Turku, Finland / Boston, MA, USA
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
thoia wrote:
llopis wrote:

THIS! It's why I backed Gear & Piston. I did the 3 pack though so each copy is running me about $27 which is probably a good chunk cheaper than the OLGS's will have it even. Well done.

Thanks, that's the idea. The discussion on the forums here are what did it, along with common sense. We hope to make a tradition of this.

After all, the point of the KS is to give us the funds to make the game, not to sell games.

Selling games is just a method to get there.

This is why the extras that we have help, and this is why the shipping is so low also. We are simply just eating our margins to the benefit of the consumer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.