Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some 3rd party seller deals on Amazon that someone might be interested in:

London for $28 $29 shipped
MIL (1049) for $27 shipped
011 for $25 shipped (4 available)
Down in Flames: WWII-Guns Blazing for $15 shipped
Quest: A Time of Heroes for $16 shipped
Techno Witches for $9 shipped
Turbo Taxi for $13 shipped
Letter of Marque for $12 with FSSS (free shipping with $25+ order)
Grave Business for $23 shipped
Age of Steam Expansion: Time Traveler for $15 with FSSS
Cadwallon: City of Thieves for $31 shipped
The Forgotten Planet for $28 shipped
War of Honor for $30 shipped
Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game for $37 shipped

These prices are about the same as online game stores that offer free shipping for a large order, but you can buy just the one game:

Tikal II: The Lost Temple for $27 shipped
Thunderstone Advance: Caverns of Bane for $25 shipped
Thunderstone Advance: Root of Corruption for $28 shipped
Magnifico for $38 shipped
30 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Silly
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing! Ordered my copy of London. Passed on Nurenburg sale last week. Not crazy about most Wallace's (maybe because I'm terrible at them) but really liked this one. Cool man, cool cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the heads up on MIL. That is the best price shipped I have seen.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zautman wrote:
Thanks very much for the heads up on MIL. That is the best price shipped I have seen.
Oh, man that is cheap for MIL. Having still not played mine yet, I regret not waiting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a long time since i played MIL but at this price, I can't resist. Thanks op =)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For 9 bucks I had to go for Techno Witches. I wouldn't normally be interested, but at 3 dollars and change before shipping, I mean, come on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Not interested in any of these games, but I just thought I'd compliment you on an extremely well-put-together post. This should be the "that's how it's done" example for all hot deals posts.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
Not interested in any of these games, but I just thought I'd compliment you on an extremely well-put-together post. This should be the "that's how it's done" example for all hot deals posts.


+1
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MIL is really a great game. It's probably on clearance because a 2nd printing with updated rules is coming. Check the MIL forum for more informations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
Not interested in any of these games, but I just thought I'd compliment you on an extremely well-put-together post.

Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin518 wrote:
MIL is really a great game. It's probably on clearance because a 2nd printing with updated rules is coming. Check the MIL forum for more informations.

Doh….
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
Martin518 wrote:
MIL is really a great game. It's probably on clearance because a 2nd printing with updated rules is coming. Check the MIL forum for more informations.

Doh….

Get the cheap first edition and then print out the updated rules!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been interested in MIL for a long time but could never quite bring myself to fork out over $50! Less than $30 shipped ... sold!

Thanks for the heads-up on the great deals.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MIL back to $27.30 with free shipping.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bharath wrote:
MIL back to $27.30 with free shipping.

Looks like they're out now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Griffin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copies of First Train to Nuremberg and Gnomes of Zavandor. No complaints... but thought it odd that the seller used a brand-new, Fixed-Rate USPS box that they'd turned inside out, and shipped the whole thing Media Mail.

USPS provides those boxes "free" but they're supposed to be used in conjunction with the service (fixed rate priority).

And I don't think board games meet the criteria for media mail:

"Media mail is used for certain types of books, films, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information, video recordings, educational reference charts, and computer-readable media. "

But now I'm wondering if I should be using "media mail" to ship games I'm selling in auctions and games I'm trading.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
griffinritmire wrote:

But now I'm wondering if I should be using "media mail" to ship games I'm selling in auctions and games I'm trading.


Don't risk it! If they inspect, they're reject it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
griffinritmire wrote:
Just received my copies of First Train to Nuremberg and Gnomes of Zavandor. No complaints... but thought it odd that the seller used a brand-new, Fixed-Rate USPS box that they'd turned inside out, and shipped the whole thing Media Mail.

USPS provides those boxes "free" but they're supposed to be used in conjunction with the service (fixed rate priority).

And I don't think board games meet the criteria for media mail:

"Media mail is used for certain types of books, films, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information, video recordings, educational reference charts, and computer-readable media. "

But now I'm wondering if I should be using "media mail" to ship games I'm selling in auctions and games I'm trading.


The seller is merely trying to educate you on how meaningful programs, no matter how small, will be subject to market economics and abused.

Obviously, this is what media mail was designed for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
griffinritmire wrote:
Just received my copies of First Train to Nuremberg and Gnomes of Zavandor. No complaints... but thought it odd that the seller used a brand-new, Fixed-Rate USPS box that they'd turned inside out, and shipped the whole thing Media Mail.

USPS provides those boxes "free" but they're supposed to be used in conjunction with the service (fixed rate priority).

And I don't think board games meet the criteria for media mail:

"Media mail is used for certain types of books, films, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information, video recordings, educational reference charts, and computer-readable media. "

But now I'm wondering if I should be using "media mail" to ship games I'm selling in auctions and games I'm trading.


Which seller?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joebri wrote:
I've been interested in MIL for a long time but could never quite bring myself to fork out over $50! Less than $30 shipped ... sold!

Thanks for the heads-up on the great deals.
My first play of MIL was very uneventful. Almost downright boring...but for $30, I may just buy it and hope it grows on me.

Either that, or I can just see if my friend wants to give me his copy. devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.