Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like 7 Wonders. My gaming friends also like 7 Wonders... a whole lot. I looked over the score sheets the other day, and we have played the game at least 45 times in the past 2 years. Far more than any other game I own. However, there was one thing I did not like about 7 Wonders. I didn't like that 7 Wonders: Leaders and 7 Wonders: Cities did not fit in the original box. So, being the handy guy that I am, I decided to do something about that.

**Disclaimer-I made this tray like a paper prototype. I used foam core and a hot glue gun. I often cut twice and measured once. If I were to do it again, I would be more precise and use a different glue. Hot glue gun tips hurt.**

Supplies

X-Acto knife (and extra blades)
3/16 in white foam core
steel ruler (w/ Cork Back)
pencil
hot glue gun
cutting board (very important)

Here are some quick snaps I took with my phone.

One board of foam core was not enough and I had to purchase a second. However, my first board was small. A large board should be more than ample. Also, remember the insert has a bottom that is roughly 11in x 11in. Cut that first.

The locations of the cards were somewhat arbitrary. I included them as I remembered. Leaders and Cities cards are on the left. You could easily double up the stacks and make more space, but I like to keep the pieces separate.

This cover keeps the small bits from going everywhere. I didn't think about that until rather late in the building process.

I may still make some "retaining walls" to keep the boards in place.

I was surprised how much heavier the box is with everything inside. Feels like a good pound or two heavier.

One last tip if you decide to build one yourself. Make small guides (from foam core) to help with the placement of divider walls. For example I used 2 7/8ths guide repeatedly for setting the card walls.

Happy Building!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmer's glue works surprisingly well for foamcore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
I didn't like that 7 Wonders: Leaders and 7 Wonders: Cities did not fit in the original box.

They don't? I have both Leaders and Cities along with about 12 other non-official wonders all in the same box, with plenty of room to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:

If only I were a more patient man...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weirdboy_1 wrote:
acedaryl1 wrote:
I didn't like that 7 Wonders: Leaders and 7 Wonders: Cities did not fit in the original box.

They don't? I have both Leaders and Cities along with about 12 other non-official wonders all in the same box, with plenty of room to spare.

Not with the original plastic insert. I wanted more space, but didn't want all my pieces bouncing about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
acedaryl1 wrote:
weirdboy_1 wrote:
acedaryl1 wrote:

Not with the original plastic insert. I wanted more space, but didn't want all my pieces bouncing about.

This simply isn't true. Mine all fits fine, with the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
acedaryl1 wrote:
weirdboy_1 wrote:
acedaryl1 wrote:

This simply isn't true. Mine all fits fine, with the insert.

My guess is, based on the picture of your coins, that you have a 2nd or later edition printing. Which they probably changed the inserts for. I have the 1st edition and the have no issues at all with the box size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
Syvanis wrote:

If only I were a more patient man...

Aleen's Quick Dry Tacky Glue then - sets quite quickly! Available in the craft section at walmart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.