Subject: Clarification on how to purchase/play Major Improvements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you in advance. Took my first crack at Agricola last night with a solo game. As I played the rules started to click; though I find the rulebook itself a terrible and vague read in many instances.

My question has to do with the 10 Major Improvement cards:

1) When I place my worker on the "1 Major or Minor Improvement" action card...do I simply choose the Major Improvement card that I want from the board, pay it's cost, and immediately put it into play?

OR

Does the Major Improvement card then go into my hand and I have to take another action later to actually put it into play and pay the cost?

The rulebook is not clear at all on how the major improvements go into play. It states that "The 1 Major or Minor Improvement Action space allows a player to purchase either a Major or Minor Improvement – as does the Renovation space"... The minor improvements are already in my hand so I understand that means I can put them into play by paying the cost when selecting that action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the major improvement immediately comes into play upon purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks so much for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danco anco
msg tools
Hi. Do I have to pay everytime If I wanna play a major improvement card? If a major improvement have in the right corner 1 clay and 2 stones. That means that I have to pay 1 clay or 2 stones to play that major improvement card?

If I have "beaking bread" in major improvemenet card I can use it for free when I use that action with one of the workers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct,

You only pay of the improvements once.
You are paying to receive the card that then sits in front of you and you can use the abilities on it whenever they apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danco anco
msg tools
bjwells wrote:
Correct,

You only pay of the improvements once.
You are paying to receive the card that then sits in front of you and you can use the abilities on it whenever they apply.

tnx man.

So If I put a worker on 1 major improvement spot I can buy major improvement (for example Well -> http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic391245_md.jpg. I have to pay 1 wood or 3 stones). Then I can use it for free everytime I am on the move. Or do i have to pay for everytime i wanna play the card?

tnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Well's abilities apply to when it is bought. You can buy it only once so you will only get one set of food (plus the bonus points at the end of the game).
With the workshops by contrast they state that you can do some thing during the harvest phase (convert a resource to food).
You can't 'active' the Well a second time unless it goes back to the majors board with the use of a minor improvement(or occupation) like village well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danco anco
msg tools
ldsdbomber wrote:
dancoman wrote:

So If I put a worker on 1 major improvement spot I can buy major improvement (for example Well -> http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic391245_md.jpg. I have to pay 1 wood or 3 stones). Then I can use it for free everytime I am on the move. Or do i have to pay for everytime i wanna play the card?

tnx

1 wood AND 3 stone. not either/or.

pay for it once, then its yours, put the food down as it says, and you get the 4 points at game end

So if I play on Major improvement near the 2 sheeps in that case -> http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2777/4153550094_ce9de4a24e.jpg I have to pay all resourses that are show in uper right corner for one of major improvement cards -> http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/agr/img/agr_aide4_en.jpg. Then I can play for free anytime I want to use it?

Tnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.