Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
To those who already own the game:

What is the durability of the figures? Are they as durable as molded figures for small children and can take a lot of tumbling etc., or are they prone to bending and paint chips like regular gaming miniatures?

Basically, I'm trying to determine how protected these figures should be during storage and transport. They kind of remind me of some childrens toys and those are durable as hell, but if these are susceptible to paint scrapes, chips and bending or breaking, then I will want to make sure to protect these better than simply putting them in the box. (If I get a bunch of figures - more than fits the box - I might take the insert out and have them loose in there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watch Tom Vasel's review. They look pretty durable to me. I don't think there's a huge issue of breakage or paint chipping, but it never hurts to be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
These are collectable minis, and can break easily, mostly on the joints. Nothing a point of super glue can't fix.

Otherwise, small parts (bow, wings, ...) are flexible so they don't break.
If you put one in a wooden box and shake it hard, it will definately break.

They sould be handeld with care. I haven't seen much paint chipping for now, but lots of figs missing arms.

By breaking, i don't mean like resin figurines, but being detached where it was glued
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks for the comments Adrien. How do most players store the figures by you? The base game as is just stores the eight figures in the injection molded piece. Curious how they transport their figs around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.