Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just picked up the game from target and of course I have the misprinted game board. I have never played the game before, how will this impact the game and what should I do to deal with it until Zman sends me a replacement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's just two of the locations that are supposed to be connected. Just draw a line or use tape or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
I believe it's just two of the locations that are supposed to be connected. Just draw a line or use tape or something.

What would happen otherwise, does it make the game harder or easier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Fryd Pickles wrote:

What would happen otherwise, does it make the game harder or easier?

Not really, no. It reduces your movement around the board (bad) and especially makes Africa hard to access (bad) but also cuts down the danger of outbreaks near that line (good). Overall it probably makes things harder on average, but not by too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't affect the process of learning the game at all.

Just remember that Lagos (Africa) and Sao Paulo (South America) should have a connecting line so:

i) it only costs 1ap to move between the two
ii) an out break in either location should spread that colour of cube to the other.

I've played it a lot and I don't remember ii) ever happening but depending on where your infections are, being able to travel between the two continents can be very handy/important.

Tis a fabulous game - enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painter's tape + Marker = Fixed.

Or, if you're not good with tape:

Marker = Fixed Permanently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did my first play through and it wasn't that big of deal. I will be playing solo for a while so it should be fine until I get a replacement (which I hear can take forever). I just had to remember the imaginary line. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played without the line for 2 months before I got my new board. I would say it doesn't affect the gameplay that much. Overall I would have agreed it is a bit more difficult than with a line between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkchop_tw wrote:
I have played without the line for 2 months before I got my new board. I would say it doesn't affect the gameplay that much. Overall I would have agreed it is a bit more difficult than with a line between.

Did your new board arrive "like new", was it packaged well? I got replacements once for another game and they got thrashed in shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman packaged it with bubble wrap + shrink wrap in a big brown envelope. My board was handled with care so no sign of thrashing at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:
Painter's tape + Marker = Fixed.

Or, if you're not good with tape:

Marker = Fixed Permanently.

I would second that recommendation, painter's tape and you're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, other than not having the right board, I don't see what the problem is. get a ruler and a marker, or just remember that the line is there...not complicated.

Sucks that there are still misprinted boards out there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.