Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Auction time!

I'm a pasta freak; I don't know if I could've given up the 'Olive Garden special' for the good of the tribe (like Andrea did). Brenda deserved better, too.

2) I pondered as much that Malcolm might regret playing his own idol last week (it turned out he didn't need to). Sure enough, even a personal clue couldn't help enough with 'little sister' Andrea turning up like a bad penny.

He rolled the dice by breaking from the Favorite Alliance, and crapped out. Well, there's always next All-Star season. (IIRC, Boston Rob won it all on his 4th try.)

3) Cochrane, my man!!!

Smart move to buy the 'advantage' at the Auction; smarter still to play it when he did (as opposed to waiting until it was moot to do so). Gotta love his comments to the audience afterwards! Malcolm was wise to play to get rid of him; maybe he even succeeds in swinging others to his side if Cochrane doesn't pull it off.

If he doesn't win the People's Choice award this year, it's only because his entire fanbase is composed of people too lazy/cheap to phone/text in. (Guilty!)

Such a difference from the first time around. I sincerely hope he makes the final three, though I suspect the others realize he's too strong to allow that to happen.

More from Grantland.com here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cochran is definitely the MVP of the season. His gameplay has been perfect and he's been spouting off some terrific one-liners. (Though his "delicious" speech was a bit cringe-worthy.)

I agree with the Grantland article--part of what makes Cochran so great this season is his tribe is actually letting him play rather than treating him like the annoying little brother that won't go away.

I think Malcolm made a huge error in not continuing to look for the idol despite Andrea's presence. He was worried about Andrea finding it, but that would be just as bad as Malcolm not finding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Cochran is definitely the MVP of the season. His gameplay has been perfect and he's been spouting off some terrific one-liners. (Though his "delicious" speech was a bit cringe-worthy.)

I agree with the Grantland article--part of what makes Cochran so great this season is his tribe is actually letting him play rather than treating him like the annoying little brother that won't go away.

I think Malcolm made a huge error in not continuing to look for the idol despite Andrea's presence. He was worried about Andrea finding it, but that would be just as bad as Malcolm not finding it.

Amen to all.

Yeah, the way Cochran was dismissed previously was so damn depressing. This season he's treated like a real person, flaws and all, and he's remarkably adept at playing the game. I don't want him to merely win the people's choice. At this point, he can win it all.

Malcolm should have just found the idol, then hid it between the THREE. They would have at least introduced a gambling aspect to the majority vote, or use it to bargain for a vote. Give it to one of the majority members in return for a vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.