Subject: Sleeves on Skald and Spriggan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Mays
United States
Mont Belvieu
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to stretch the almighty dollar, DO you think the sleeves on their decks are worth it?

Also what would y'all do with 80 add-on dollars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandarc wrote:
I'm trying to stretch the almighty dollar, DO you think the sleeves on their decks are worth it?

There are at least two posts about what add-ons to buy about three posts below yours, so you will find lots of good suggestions in those.

The sleeves are sleeves with pretty pictures on. I bought sleeves for the spriggan, assuming I wouldn't be able to get them later as the spriggan is exclusive.

You then need to think, do you want one deck of hero cards that aren't sleeved, when the rest are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me only so that they will match the other decks with their included sleeves.

Otherwise, id go clear sleeves elsewhere if matching up doesnt matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Grandarc wrote:

The sleeves are not more expensive than going market rates. That being said, you get 50 for $5, and you'd probably be better just buying lots and lots of generic clear or black sleeves, so you don't have lots of leftover skald or spriggan specific sleeves.

With 80 I'd get:

Skald
Spriggan
Elemental Boss
Treasure Expansion
Quest Expansion
Treasure Bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
Grandarc wrote:
DO you think the sleeves on their decks are worth it?

I don't really want to sound insensitive here...but what does it matter if somebody else thinks they are worth it? It's YOUR money...do YOU think they are worth it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
Grandarc wrote:

I don't really want to sound insensitive here...but what does it matter if somebody else thinks they are worth it? It's YOUR money...do YOU think they are worth it?

The gathering of opinions in which to assist in making one's own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mays
United States
Mont Belvieu
Texas
flag msg tools
So wait the sleeves for 5 dollars is a set of 50 sleeves or does it just cover the amount needed to cover the hero deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandarc wrote:
So wait the sleeves for 5 dollars is a set of 50 sleeves or does it just cover the amount needed to cover the hero deck?

Pack of 50.

Also the base-game hero sleeves come in packs of 50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mays
United States
Mont Belvieu
Texas
flag msg tools
So I can just use those extra sleeves to cover everything and drive everyone crazy... ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandarc wrote:
So I can just use those extra sleeves to cover everything and drive everyone crazy... ok.

Or use them for new cards in character expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
ropya wrote:
thetang22 wrote:
Grandarc wrote:

I get it...I just think it's silly. Do you like them or don't you, and can you afford them...those are the only important questions you should have to ask. Whether or not some other random person on the internet likes them and thinks they are "worth it" seems like such a trivial and pointless factor when determining if they are good for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want extra. I like sleeving my Magic decks with sleeves from other games to throw people off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The only reason I'd sleeve everything is because it feels weird to have the hero decks sleeved but other stuff not sleeved..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WunupKid wrote:
The only reason I'd sleeve everything is because it feels weird to have the hero decks sleeved but other stuff not sleeved..

Eh, not really. The hero decks are the only ones that are going to see heavy handling and shuffling. I don't think the other cards will see nearly as much potential wear...they'll just be sitting out on the table or on your player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
WunupKid wrote:

Eh, not really. The hero decks are the only ones that are going to see heavy handling and shuffling. I don't think the other cards will see nearly as much potential wear...they'll just be sitting out on the table or on your player board.

I agree with this. I went for the Spriggan sleeves because they are exclusive (or I assume so as the miniature is) and I didn't want to have one character not having sleeves when we get them for all the others. But I couldn't afford to sleeve all the other cards because we needed so many packs so I left them (I don't usually sleeve at all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never use sleeves, so i won't be buying the spriggan sleeves, even though they are likely exclusive. I prefer cards that have a bit of wear around the edges. Feels loved. Kind of the opposite of most people on here I imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting sleeves for Skald/Spriggan because it would annoy me too much to have every other hero asides from those 2 having sleeves ^^ Also means any future hero I get I'll want sleeves for, darnit =P

I think they'll be quite nice on 25 card decks to be honest. I find anything bigger than about 40 cards and sleeves are just annoying as it's impossible to keep it as a 'deck' instead of a rough pile of cards =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
I never use sleeves, so i won't be buying the spriggan sleeves, even though they are likely exclusive. I prefer cards that have a bit of wear around the edges. Feels loved. Kind of the opposite of most people on here I imagine.

I don't like my cards to be worn but I tend to look after them pretty well so don't really need sleeves which is why I'm not going the full hog but...

Smoothsmith wrote:
I'm getting sleeves for Skald/Spriggan because it would annoy me too much to have every other hero asides from those 2 having sleeves

It would annoy me too! I've not gone for the Skald as I figure I'll just get that at a later date but having all 5 base game heroes sleeved and not the Spriggan would just bug me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
ropya wrote:
thetang22 wrote:
Grandarc wrote:

I get it...I just think it's silly. Do you like them or don't you, and can you afford them...those are the only important questions you should have to ask. Whether or not some other random person on the internet likes them and thinks they are "worth it" seems like such a trivial and pointless factor when determining if they are good for yourself.

So you've never asked for advice before making a decision on anything, ever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
thetang22 wrote:
ropya wrote:
thetang22 wrote:
Grandarc wrote:

So you've never asked for advice before making a decision on anything, ever?

Okay, his original response probably came off as a bit rude, but I think his point is that this is really a subject you can't get advice on. For example, I could go to a forum and ask "Will I like this game?" People can look at other games I like, and then tell me what bits of the game are similar to things I like, and they can tell me elements of the game that I might not know about.

However, with sleeves, it doesn't really matter what people say. You just have to ask yourself:

1. Do I sleeve cards?
No - don't buy.
Yes - go to 2.

2. Do I care if the sleeves have pictures?
No - don't buy.
Yes - buy.

There isn't really any more information people can give. They can just say if they want them or not for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valid point.
But I think that's what the OP was asking for.
Whether we are getting them.

I understand the value of deciding for one's self.
But I also understand the value of researching other views of opinion before making a decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
However, with sleeves, it doesn't really matter what people say. You just have to ask yourself:

1. Do I sleeve cards?
No - go to 3.
Yes - go to 2.

No - go to 3.
Yes - buy.

3. Does it bother me if 6 heroes have sleeves and the other doesn't?
Yes - Buy.
No - don't buy

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

1. Do I sleeve cards?
No - go to 3.
Yes - go to 2.

No - go to 3.
Yes - buy.

3. Does it bother me if 6 heroes have sleeves and the other doesn't?
Yes - Buy.
No - don't buy

FTFY

I did mention that in my first post at the top of the thread. But really, question 3 is covered by the first two questions.

If you don't use sleeves, you won't use any of them. If you don't care if they have pictures, you won't care if some cards use picture sleeves and some use plain sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I did mention that in my first post at the top of the thread. But really, question 3 is covered by the first two questions.

If you don't use sleeves, you won't use any of them. If you don't care if they have pictures, you won't care if some cards use picture sleeves and some use plain sleeves.

I didn't add it without reason Those first 2 don't really fit my opinion at all.

To answer your first 2 questions in my point of view:
1) No, I do not
2) No, I do not care

And yet, I still want sleeves for spriggan & skald because the others are included in captain and not using them would seem wrong, and if I'm going to use them, it would just...I'd be annoyed having them different. I think a lot of people would fall into this boat, but hey I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

I didn't add it without reason Those first 2 don't really fit my opinion at all.

To answer your first 2 questions in my point of view:
1) No, I do not
2) No, I do not care

And yet, I still want sleeves for spriggan & skald because the others are included in captain and not using them would seem wrong, and if I'm going to use them, it would just...I'd be annoyed having them different. I think a lot of people would fall into this boat, but hey I could be wrong.

Okay, just rephrase question 1:

Do I want to use sleeves for hero cards in this game?

That sorts it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.