Kali Fitzgerald
United States
Black Earth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking prohibition-era gangsters, or godfather-like gangsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
In all honesty I was trying to make a Gangster faction.

They were going to be themed around attacking cards in player's hands and forcing them to "pay" Tribute.

I never fully designed them but I was thinking their minions could be like.

5 The Don; or The Godfather: all other players reveal their hand to you and you discard 1 card from each player's hand.

4 Hitman: Some form of kill a Minion

3 Seductress; Scarlet; or Mob Queen or something, not sure what a female gangster is called: Somehow affect the cards in a player's hand when a minion is played on the same base as at least one Scarlet.

2 Goon: Not sure but just like the name.

As for actions I was thinking about a different take on the Tricksters so for example

All players either discard 2 cards at random or one card of your choice.

Play on a base, if a player plays a minion on this base they lose 1 action. If they have no actions remaining they may not play minions on this base.

All player's discard 1 card of their choice. Draw 2 cards

Never really went much further than that but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go ahead & attack your idea's with changes & such because er...I'm bored =P

Gangsters
Minions
1 * The Godfather (5 Power) - Pick 2 cards from each other players hand, look at them, then return 1 to their hand and discard the other.
2 * Hitman (4 Power) - Talent: Destroy a minion of power 2 or less then move the Hitman to another base.
2 * Mob Queen (3 Power) - If another player plays a minion on the same base as the Mob Queen, they must discard a card from their hand.
6 * Goon (2 Power) - Play an extra minion of power 2 or less.

Actions
2 * Mob Law - Each other player must discard 1 random card, draw 1 card, then return 1 random card to the top of their deck.
2 * Protection - Play on a base. Other players must discard an action to play a minion on this base.
1 * Smuggler - All player's may discard 1 of their cards & draw 1. Draw an additional 2 cards if you played this action.
2 * Gang War - Special: Play when one of your minions is destroyed, you may destroy 2 minions of your choice.
2 * Tommy Guns - Play on a base: Each of your minions has +1 power on this base.

Bases
Safe House - 22. 3, 2, 2. Minions cannot be destroyed on this base.
Diner - 19. 4, 2, 1. If a minion here is destroyed, the owner of the destroyed minion can destroy a minion of power 2 or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.