Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I Kickstarted this game at the $90 level, which reads:

Eagle Games wrote:
Pledge $90 or more

Dual Branded -- For the Eagle & Gryphon fans out there. Receive one copy of Triassic Terror, 2 special limited edition dinosaur tiles, and a copy of "Rocks" (a Gryphon Game, also currently on KS)! All stretch goals achieved from both projects will also be included in this level. Get free shipping anywhere in the US! International destinations, including Canada, which are on the list in the left column, will need to contact us to ascertain how much the shipping will cost to your particular country.

Estimated delivery: May 2013

Then there was an update that said this:

Eagle Games wrote:

Looks like an April 16 shipping date to KS Backers!

Update #8 · Apr 11, 2013
We have received the Triassic Terror games in our warehouse in Kentucky. We will get everything organized on Friday and Monday and start shipping the games out to you on Tuesday, April 16. Internationals (allow 2 weeks) will go out first and domestic US will follow (allow one week). All should be mailed out not later than Weds., April 17. If you get an email from us it means you likely have not paid enough shipping or your address is defective in some way. After one week in the US (that is April 24) and two weeks international (that is May 1) if you have not received your game(s), then please contact us for tracking info and we will work with you to get things straight. We will not be providing tracking info before then (and we hope everything goes smoothly so we never have to provide it afterwards either) .

We hope you enjoy Triassic Terror as much as we do!

Thanks for your support--

Rick, for Eagle Games

So here I am, on April 25th, eagerly awaiting my package in the mail. Instead, I receive this email-

Suzanne White wrote:

Thank you for your support of our Eagle & Gryphon Kickstarter projects. Because of the high cost of shipping, our intention with regard to the "Dual Branded" level of Triassic Terror (and Karesansui) was never to send out two separate shipments of these games. We expect to receive Karesansui in August. We will be sending the $90 Dual Branded level out once we receive Karensansui, a.k.a. "Rocks". We would simply lose too much money by making two separate shipments of these two games to you. We sincerely apologize for not clarifying this earlier. To make up for this lack of clear communication, we will send the $90 Dual Branded levels out first when Rocks comes in, and we will give each of you a free copy of the Weeds Expansion to Rocks in your order once we receive it. For anyone that does not want to wait you have the option to pay $15.00 for the cost of shipping Triassic Terror to you right now--if you are in the US. If you are international, please write back to me and tell me where you want the game shipped to and I will give you a quote, for the exact cost of shipping it to you. And we will then send Karensansui/"Rocks" to you with your free Weeds Expansion when it arrives.

Thank you-

Eagle & Gryphon Games

I'm a little... frustrated? There are only 16 people at this level, so I know that I'm in the minority, but why wait until a week later to send out this e-mail?! And if I Kickstarted BOTH games, like I was planning to do already, it would have cost me an extra $6 early bird or $10 regular! I understand that it's coming with an expansion, in August, but how much will that be worth?

As an afterthought, they spelt Karesansui wrong twice in the email.

/rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 16 people? Yah I don't understand the delay either. Eagle always has been a little squirely on customer service. It should have stated one shipping versus sending a late e-mail. Completely agree with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mihalik

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as you. Kind of a kick in the pants if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That definitely sucks, but I do appreciate the post. I'll definitely keep it in my when deciding whether to back any Kickstarter projects by Eagle Games in the future (i.e. Francis Drake).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I posted, I sent an e-mail back to them saying basically the same thing as I posted here. Here's the reply:

Rick wrote:
Hey Van--

We did not think through this one. We are not out to screw anyone at all but just did not think thru or communicate on this one well. It's our fault--we agree with you.

Based on the argument you present in your email, you are likely right that folks like yourself in the US should not have to pay the additional $15. So we will go ahead and get this out to you tomorrow--with free shipping. I am sure that Suzanne will agree when she gets a copy of this email.

I am sure she has your email but to help expedite things, please give it to me again.

I recognize your name from having supported other campaigns of ours. Thanks for your prior and present support and for your patience with us as we work through a fair solution to this situation we have caused.

Best regards--Rick, for Gryphon and Eagle Games

So, hopefully it's resolved now. Thanks again Rick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great. I appreciate the update as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mihalik

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to them at the end of last week as well. I got a reply back from Suzanne saying it was their mistake and they were going to ship my copy. I received it in the mail yesterday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going on faith based on the last e-mail from Rick. I didn't hear anything from Suzanne, so I'm just assuming that it's in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoke too soon. It was in the mail today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mihalik

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any of the Dual Branded backers heard anything about Karesansui yet? According to the Kickstarter page it was supposed to ship this month and I haven't heard anything yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.