Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Hunsucker
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is everything shown there? Is there a board overlay? If everything is shown, does that mean it's close to getting released?

So many burning questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope not otherwise it's just 4 new characters and some new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been discussing these on the FFG boards and we're coming to the conclusion that the 4 characters shown are actually the foes that the player fight against a la Arkham Horror, since they're so different from regular character cards AND there's a pack of normal character cards visible in the first pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hunsucker
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking closer, it appears that there's a board visible at the bottom of this pic:

Can't say for certain that it's the board that goes with the game, but it seems logical that it would be the case.

I also agree the 4 big cards are definitely some kind of enemy.

Perhaps the new rulebook contains an Overlord type character? Or just a general menace that changes the game as it goes along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If read the background of the RPG here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/mnland.html

you'll see that four of the greatest Heroes fell under the Shadow and became the Night Kings, who now rule the land and oppress the PCs. Those four pictured must be the Night Kings. That's why their abilities seem kind of general and slanted toward challenges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand, one of the players plays the evil guy, and the rest compete against him (sort of like the Overlord in Descent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright! Those pictures put up by not2fear (Terence) is to inform you that Singapore (yes, the little red dot in South East Asia) has gotten the expansion game. (It's my set, by the way). devil

The game has 8 new heroes, but you're only seeing 4. We'll put up a better pic of the remaining 4 later this weekend.
There is a map overlay though I can't remember seeing that part of the map in Eredane, the Midnight world.
The four nightkings cards and the new set of Challenge cards and items.
Oh yes, it's co-operative and one of the players plays one of the night kings hunting down the players. Will put up review once we play the game this weekend. cool

Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
adrianpeh wrote:
We'll put up a better pic of the remaining 4 later this weekend.
Adrian

Caveat...We'll put up the pics, but whether they get approved is another matter entirely. I put up about 8 pics and only 3 got approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adrianpeh wrote:
Alright! Those pictures put up by not2fear (Terence) is to inform you that Singapore (yes, the little red dot in South East Asia) has gotten the expansion game. (It's my set, by the way). devil

The game has 8 new heroes, but you're only seeing 4. We'll put up a better pic of the remaining 4 later this weekend.
There is a map overlay though I can't remember seeing that part of the map in Eredane, the Midnight world.
The four nightkings cards and the new set of Challenge cards and items.
Oh yes, it's co-operative and one of the players plays one of the night kings hunting down the players. Will put up review once we play the game this weekend. cool

Adrian

Does FFG often release games earlier in Singapore? Sounds like this is a leaked copy of the first print run, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adrian bai
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.