Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Creating multiple decks from 1 Core set and 4 Data Packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wookie Dave
England
flag msg tools
Hi all,

So I'd like to be able to get more than 2 people at a time playing A:NR in my local group. There's usually 4 of us meeting at a time and people don't like being left out.

I have the core set and 1 copy of each data pack (up to Study in Static). So I was thinking of putting 4 decks together so that we can get 2 games running simultaneously.

I'm still a still very new to the game though - I use the basic pre-constructed decks from the core set - and I'm not confident about constructing another Runner and Corp deck from the remaining core and data pack cards available (or splitting the pre-made decks down and using them etc). I don't want to end up with 2 decks that are useless compared to the originals.

So, does anyone have any thoughts on what cards to use to make a couple of additional decks that won't be boring to play?

tl;dr - I want to make 4 decks (2 of each) from 1x Core and 1x each data pack. Gimme deck lists plz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably going to suck not having more copies of econ cards like Sure Gamble and Hedge Fund...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Romero
United States
Whittier
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian's right, the major obstacle here is going to be the everpresent econ cards that the decks are going to solely miss.

The best way to go about it would probably be finding the factions that can mitigate the losses the best.

Shapers get magnum opus, which is nice long term credit generation, so they may be the nominee for getting by without all of the econ cards.

As for the corporations, jinteki needs those money cards. The deck without the standard economy cards would probably be HB or Weyland. Your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can run a Weyland without any economic assets (just the transactions) and an HB or NBN without any transactions (just the assets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bromero wrote:
Brian's right, the major obstacle here is going to be the everpresent econ cards that the decks are going to solely miss.

The best way to go about it would probably be finding the factions that can mitigate the losses the best.

Shapers get magnum opus, which is nice long term credit generation, so they may be the nominee for getting by without all of the econ cards.

As for the corporations, jinteki needs those money cards. The deck without the standard economy cards would probably be HB or Weyland. Your choice.

Yeah, that's probably your best bet. You could add some Underworld Contacts as well to help a little, but that works best with Shaper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold Jakubowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try HB fast advance with economy based on assets and Weyland tag'n'bag based on Operations. And with runners - Shaper/Anarch with Magnum Opus and Personal Workshop and Criminal (this one have many ways to earn credits).

It works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 2 Runner and 2 Corp decks built from 1 Core Set + the data packs, and it rarely decreases my performance... Hedge Fund/Sure Gamble is the only thing I ever find myself actively wanting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wookie Dave
England
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the advice guys. I shall have a go at putting some decks together this weekend.

Apart from the core set cards mentioned so far (Magnum Opus, etc), are there any from the data packs that are must haves for certain corps/runners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered asking your gaming partners to spring for a second core set?

That seems like the most straightforward solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wookie Dave
England
flag msg tools
Yup, it's a fair and sensible option. But they haven't played enough to know if they want one (only done a couple of games), and without a reason to get it played more often (i.e. more than 2 players at a time), it's unlikely they'll go for buying a core set.

Hence my creating this thread.

But that's certainly the plan once they get into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if you have sleeves just proxy a couple of cards! It's not the best option but works if they are only a few...

also being 4 i think you can afford one more core set! that would really help out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.