Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends found this on sale for $5 and picked it up. We decided to play it once a week after D&D until we finished all the questions. Going from memory, I believe there were 12 games.

I've played a few versions of Trivial Pursuit before, and let me say this: Trivial Pursuit Team (TPT) is, in my opinion, far superior to all of its predecessors. If you enjoy Trivial Pursuit, I strongly recommend this game.

There is another reviewer on here who complained about the card quality. This doesn't really matter. Each time you play, you open up a new pack. You'll only play each game once, so even if you bent the cards after playing them? No big deal.

Game play was very easy. There were 4 rounds of 6 cards each. Each card was a set category. (I don't remember the categories as its been a few months, but I believe they are the basic categories from the other TP games.) The card will tell you which team goes first. (It might be youngest player, whoever has the closest birthday, etc, so its random.) They get to choose a card first. Each card can only be picked once, so each team will get 3 cards in a round. The most points you can get from a card is 6, but you can get as few as 1 (if you get the answer partially right.) The game flows quickly, smoothly, and is lots of fun. I strongly advise keeping a pencil and paper nearby because one of the questions involves listing 6, and you'll probably want to write down a lot and then choose 6 from your list.

I enjoyed the team aspect of it. The questions were very diverse and everyone would get to contribute some. No one just sat there and never answered a question.

TPT encourages the games to be close. In between each round, it will usually give a small boost to the losing team. This was frustrating at times, but it did keep the games close. The game always said who picked first, though it was usually the losing team to which it gave the distinction, which also helped the losing team keep things close.

TPT felt like it encouraged some humor into the game. Some of the questions were actually ... funny. Not all of them, and not even most of them, but some of the questions made us laugh.

My group had a LOT of fun playing TPT. We all had a blast and I just can't say this about other Trivial Pursuit games. The fact that you don't have to land on a specific spot to gain a pie piece and then land in the center ... yadda yadda? None of that: just choose a card, answer it, and move your score marker between 0 and 6 spots. This means that a game isn't going to last between 30 minutes and 4 hours depending on how unlucky you are at rolling, it will last only as long as the group wants. We put timers on some of the questions, so we finished each game in about 90 minutes. But, you could easily do it faster or slower depending on how much time you want to give each team to answer questions.

In short: if you enjoy Trivial Pursuit, get this game. If you enjoy trivia games, I also highly recommend it. It's only playable 12 times, but that's basically true for all the Trivial Pursuit games before you start getting back around to cards you've already had before. Seriously - give this one a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.