Subject: Any gamers in or near Tempe, AZ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to job changes, it is very likely I will be moving to the Tempe part of the Phoenix area at some point within the next year.

Anyone care to share a word or two on game stores and gaming groups within that area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out "Games!" on MeetUp. There's a gaming group almost every day of the week somewhere around Tempe.

There is a very friendly games store: Game Depot. They have tables in the side room and sponsor games days regularly. There are two other big games stores in the Phoenix area, but I don't know too much about them. I think the one on the west side of the city caters mostly to Magic or gamers who like miniatures, but I may be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Game Depot (Dave and Patty are great people) and Gamer's Inn there are a couple really great game shops within a few miles of each other. Both offer some excellent stuff and a lot of gamers to get to know. Old friends among them of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an early welcome to Arizona, Adam!

There is also Desert Sky Games in Gilbert. It might be a little ways from Tempe, but it's my favorite game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
Between Game Depot (Dave and Patty are great people) and Gamer's Inn there are a couple really great game shops within a few miles of each other. Both offer some excellent stuff and a lot of gamers to get to know. Old friends among them of course.

About six months ago I went to Gamer's Inn and it was closed. I figured the store had shut down. Is it still open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Joey Sabin wrote:
So that you can be better directed, what kind of games are you looking to play?

Good question! I mainly prefer Ameritrash and RPG's. I do enjoy some Euros (especially the more thematic ones), though nothing as heavy on the economic simulation end of the spectrum as the 18XX games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:
robbdaman wrote:

About six months ago I went to Gamer's Inn and it was closed. I figured the store had shut down. Is it still open?

Gamer's Inn is still open though only Thursday thru Sunday. They have moved away from boardgames and gone almost exclusively to CCG and minatures.

There is also a store called Pop Culture Paradise that is just north of ASU that is comics and games that is pretty nice. My favorite is Game Depot though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are on the subject I wouldn't mind knowing what the best comic book and/or video game stores are in the area. Also, if there are any "geeky" groups, stores, or events it would be good to know about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.