Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
#2 is correct.

Note that to dominate a country, you need to control at least one non-Battleground country.

If you control (only) 3 Battleground countries and they control nothing, you still only have Presence!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fahbs2000 wrote:
Just occurred to me to test it out in Vassal.

I'm not sure the VASSAL module should be used as the final word on rules interpretations!

I could easily be the first or middle word, but not the final word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pietrzak
msg tools
mbmbmb
MerricB wrote:
QBert80 wrote:
#2 is correct.

Note that to dominate a country, you need to control at least one non-Battleground country.

If you control (only) 3 Battleground countries and they control nothing, you still only have Presence!

Cheers!

Or control if it's in Central America
Note that, unlike domination, control of a region does not require controlling a non-battleground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
butik man
msg tools
pietshaq wrote:
MerricB wrote:
QBert80 wrote:
#2 is correct.

Cheers!

Note that, unlike domination, control of a region does not require controlling a non-battleground.

Yea, that is quite odd. I as still wondering why would you need a non-battleground for dominance, and do not need for total control??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
butik wrote:
pietshaq wrote:
MerricB wrote:
QBert80 wrote:
#2 is correct.

Cheers!

Yea, that is quite odd. I as still wondering why would you need a non-battleground for dominance, and do not need for total control??

This was a balance rule that was introduced after playtesting, I believe.
Domination was too easy to achieve without the 'at least one non-BG' requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
It ensures that you can't Dominate or Control South America, Central America or Africa without giving your opponent a way in through coups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.