Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play and teach a lot of games, then you should be aware of UniversalHead, and the second-to-none rules summaries he produces for games he loves. He's given AT-43 the star treatment in the past, and has now produced a summary and custom cards for Confrontation!

Check out these great aids (and more!) at his brand-spanking new site:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/games/confrontation

If its been a while since your last game, or you're looking to rope a new player into the fold, these will help the learning curve ten-fold. No more sifting through the poorly translated rulebook, or leaning on the Army Books to remember what your unit's abilities are... and errata is included and accounted for... these are the perfect tool for new players and old vets alike.

Currently available cards are for the Griffin, Wolfen, and Scorpion armies. Lion and Ram are soon to follow.

What are you waiting for?! Go get them! (And check back later for the rest of the goodies.) And if for some reason you aren't using his other wonderful rules summaries, then for goodness sake, do yourself and your fellow gamers a favor and get them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Awesomeness!!!!!!! I had created my own cards, but these blow them away... Will be printing this shortly!!!!!

Chad/Alex- these great enhancements still will not make you any better :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Holy Awesomeness!!!!!!! I had created my own cards, but these blow them away... Will be printing this shortly!!!!!

Chad/Alex- these great enhancements still will not make you any better

Ha....you are probably right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cory - thanks for posting this! It's a great resource to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome. Although UniversalHead deserves the credit. It was absolutely my pleasure to help proofread them and lend a 2nd opinion, but he spent a lot of time and effort getting these done. And he continues to work diligently. Can't wait to see the Lion and my beloved Ram armies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthTurambar wrote:
You are welcome. Although UniversalHead deserves the credit. It was absolutely my pleasure to help proofread them and lend a 2nd opinion, but he spent a lot of time and effort getting these done. And he continues to work diligently. Can't wait to see the Lion and my beloved Ram armies!

So when are you driving up to FFG to try them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually mentioned it to a couple of the guys I play with... FFG is like the Ameri-gamer's Mecca, so we'd like to make a pilgrimage at some point. But as we all have families with kids, sometimes its tricky to coordinate such a venture. If we can successfully pull it off, I'll definitely give you guys a shout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys... in case you haven't already printed them, you may want to go get a new copy from the site. UniversalHead made a tweak to the coloring to visually differentiate the three major alliances (Ways of Light, Paths of Destiny, and Meanders of Darkness). No content has changed, but I think they look really nice. Good thing my printer ink hasn't been delivered... :-)

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that Cory has been incredibly helpful. He's navigated me through being a Confrontation newbie with great patience, and checked and rechecked this project for me. Thanks again mate!

If I make any more changes from now on I'll update the version numbers. Working on the Lion army as we speak!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No sooner said - just found a small error in the griffin cannon cards. Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lion cards done and uploaded - one more to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated Scorpion cards to 1.1 (slight non-essential fixes to Scorpion cards; Razeem and Zakhil Prime icon fixes). Also updated the other card sets to make some things consistent (eg removing the ranged attack line if the figure has no ranged attack).

You might want to wait a bit until the dust settles before printing out all the army cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ram army cards released. That's it folks, apart from fixing any errors that anyone points out to me. Enjoy!

And again, big thanks to Cory for all his work helping me with these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
Ram army cards released. That's it folks, apart from fixing any errors that anyone points out to me. Enjoy!

And again, big thanks to Cory for all his work helping me with these.

These are by far the coolest things I've seen on BGG! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a new printer, and promptly broke it in by printing out all of the rules summaries and custom cards. After cutting and sleeving, I couldn't resist pulling out all the armies and posing them with the sexy new player aids. Check out the full selection at my personal gallery. I also uploaded a few of the player aid/card shots to the Confrontation-specific image gallery for people to see as well.

Enjoy!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1672428/darthturambar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is just wonderful to see, makes all the work worthwhile. I'll post some army shots too when I've finished basing all my figures. Great stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found my Aberration Prime in a box in the basement, never been touched, only the shrink wrap taken off of it. This one comes from the Rackham days before the pre-paints. Man what a cool looking model it is, even though there are a ton of different pieces, but I think the reason for that is you used to be able to customize the creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted p.
msg tools
mb
Thanks! These are great cards and resources. About a month ago, I managed to get a unit of Acheron Wamphyrs on eBay, which was a really lucky find and got me to pull out my Confrontation stuff again. I have been playing again and really enjoying the return, and these cards are a huge help.

Do you have blank templates by any chance that someone could use to make similar cards for the other, metal-only, factions? I have about 3,000+ points of painted dwarves ready to go and I have half-finished some "fan-rules" for filling in the missing factions (based on the old COnfronation Dwarf Fortresses) and their various heroes and artifacts. It would be great to make a set of cards to go with it.

thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! I've been looking for Wamphyrs for ages. Lucky I didn't get into a bidding war with you on those!

I actually just played my first game - finally - a couple of weeks ago and we had a fantastic time. I absolutely love how you have to spend vistory points to power special incarnate powers. Though, with all due modesty, how anyone managed to play when you had to flip through the books for all the special abilities, artifacts and spells is completely beyond me...

I'll see what I can do about templates, but such things tend to devolve into a time-consuming pain in the neck as I find out what programs the person has, which versions, help them with fonts etc etc etc ... Can you suggest a simple format for such a thing?

PS Anyone wanna sell any Wamphyrs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted p.
msg tools
mb
UniversalHead wrote:
Argh! I've been looking for Wamphyrs for ages. Lucky I didn't get into a bidding war with you on those!

I'll see what I can do about templates, but such things tend to devolve into a time-consuming pain in the neck as I find out what programs the person has, which versions, help them with fonts etc etc etc ... Can you suggest a simple format for such a thing?

PS Anyone wanna sell any Wamphyrs?

You might want to try Noble Knight. Thats who I got them from. They listed five sets with cards and no boxes as Buy It Nows... I wish I had bought two rather than one in retrospect. They seemed to have gotten a small group of Confrontation things and posted them up.

As for templates, I think that I can probably make some based on your designs. What would be great would be to get the background image- where did you find it?

One other thing- Where did you get the rules for Belial and Belials army? Were those ever posted or were those fan-made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mate, I don't want to be a pain, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. I've already spent over a hundred hours on these cards, I think I've done enough now. If you just want the background texture, use any old texture you can find. I made mine up from various I have on file (I'm a professional graphic designer).

Sorry, I thought I'd deleted this and was going to express this in a more friendly and diplomatic fashion, but it appears I didn't delete it! My apologies for sounding a bit short, but I've had many, many requests for such things over the years of doing more than 200+ rules summaries. I can understand you wanting a template, but just go ahead and copy my design and make your own. You'll learn something, and it will save me more back and forth. Enjoy!

As for the Belial stuff, everything I learnt I learnt from the person who started this thread. Oh, and thanks, but I checked Noble Knight some time ago, nothing much there anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.