Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Leader" die result rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
When firing or CCing against a lone leader, I presume the "leader" result applies, even if the attacking unit is not adjacent or with a leader... Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. In fact, the 'leader' result is the /only/ way to kill a leader, since he's automatically evading.

Note also that: 1) every time the leader's unit takes a hit, roll two dice-- on two leader symbols he's killed; and 2) if a leader's unit is destroyed, roll one die, and on a leader symbol the leader is killed too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Borg answered my question (in the same way it was answered here) :

Quote:
Leader Hit
Q. When an enemy leader is alone in a hex do you need to have a leader attached to your attacking unit to score a hit on the enemy leader?
A. No
When a leader is alone in a hex and is targeted by Ranged Combat or attacked in Close Combat to hit the leader you need to roll one leader symbol. A leader does not need to be attached to the unit that is attacking the leader to score a hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.