Subject: Your wisdom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
What are your greatest and most shareable insights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropping a silent 'e' when appending suffixes to a root word is more dignified in most cases than the alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Dropping a silent 'e' when appending suffixes to a root word is more dignified in most cases than the alternative.

Excellent segue! One of mine is that it's helpful to avoid caring about one's own dignity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit snooze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Life is round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Excellent segue! One of mine is that it's helpful to avoid caring about one's own dignity.

Extremely valid point, but I was referring to the dignity of humanity, if that matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Life is round.

Could you explain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no truth so true as to be able to sustain the worldview all by itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Non-shallow wisdom, or anything similar, can't be summed up in a sentence or paragraph. If nothing else, why a statement is wise is just as important as the statement itself. This includes these sentences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wisdom? Um...

On booze: Beer before liquor, never sicker; liquor before beer, never fear.

Australian snakes: Red and yellow kill a fellow; red, yellow and black, friend of Jack.

The actual wisdom my come later if I get into the right mood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't push yourself to the point of failure, you don't know what you are really capable of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am a turtle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Smoke weed everyday

This explains a lot.

PomInNZ wrote:

Don't live your life in fear of offending strangers.

So does this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never eat at a place called "Mom's"
Never play cards with a guy named "Pops"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reading Paulo Coelho's Manual of the Warrior of Light will give you more wise insights than you would need in a lifetime and not one that you actually need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Wisdom? Um...

On booze: Beer before liquor, never sicker; liquor before beer, never fear.

Australian snakes: Red and yellow kill a fellow; red, yellow and black, friend of Jack.

The actual wisdom my come later if I get into the right mood.

Both types are red, yellow, and black. You're going to get Jack killed. It's red ON yellow vs. red ON black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sink to the stink and the big fist will follow

stinkfist....lydia lunch clint ruin or foetus or jg thirlwell or any of his other names

anyone not deeply immersed in the NYC post punk no wave scene may know him as the guy that wrote the MTV Sports theme and the Venture Bros theme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I've had any great insights that haven't been had by anyone else. But I have had insights that shape my own world view. Take, for instance, the monologue by Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now!:

Marlon Brando wrote:
I’ve seen horrors, horrors that you’ve seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to judge me. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
....Horror. Horror has a face...And you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces...Seems a thousand centuries ago...We went into a camp to innoculate the children. We left the camp after we had innoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every innoculated arm. There they were in a pile...A pile of little arms. And I remember...I...I...I cried...I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized...like I was shot...Like I was shot with a diamond...a diamond bullet right through my forehead...And I thought: My God...the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters...These were men...trained cadres...these men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love...but they had the strength...the strength...to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral...and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordal instincts to kill without feeling...without passion...without judgement...without judgement. Because it's judgement that defeats us."

My realization here is not that being able to act without judgement is good and necessary for strength, but that that ability is inherent in the human condition. That ability to disregard judgement/conscience and act depending on circumstance is one of the great sources of evil in the world and the reason that the grand utopian visions by various visionaries wishing for a better life are nothing but pipe dreams. Yeah, it's bleak, but it is something that colors my worldview and I use it to evaluate everyone as I interact with them. What circumstances makes them act without judgement/conscience and how will it affect me and my loved ones? It is the bane of civilization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone deserves love and respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Smoke weed everyday

Only use intoxicants a few times a month and don't mix them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirror, Mirror
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoke carrots every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
das Andere wrote:
Smoke carrots every day.

Smoke a banana! Or some nutmeg. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
E-lek-trickle banana
is gonna be a sudden craze
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
And I should clarify that the post above is my actual wisdom, and I wasn't just riffing on the previous posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
E-lek-trickle banana
is gonna be a sudden craze

Yeah dont smoke a banana or nutmeg...probably a real bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.