Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve had my Mayday 2013 board for about two months, and here are some impressions...

Customer Service -- First, I was a Kickstarter backer for the project. The real selling point was the price of the board with shipping included. I am not a huge Kickstarter sort of person...but this seemed like a very good opportunity. Mayday communicated well to customers through the process, and from my perspective, the project seemed to go without much fuss. The one little thing that did go wrong was that the boards shipped with just 12 (and not 14) of the standards discs. Having kids, extras are a necessity. I just read that these are now being shipped so that all customers will receive their extras. Woohoo!

Score -- 9.5

Quality -- I must admit that I was hesitant, given the issues with previous versions. However, the board is great. Mine came with a few very minor scratches - and I mean very minor. Now, I am not a Crokinole expert, but it seems to me that one would be hard-pressed to find this good of quality for this pricepoint.

Score -- 9.5

Fun Factor -- This has been a hit every time it has hit the table -- definitely the kind of game that everyone says, “Just one more round.” It is loads of fun (except when my boys gang up against Dad!) That, to me, is the definition of a great game.

Score -- 10

Now, this might not be for everybody -- whether it’s the cost, or, that it’s a dexterity game, or, that it’s not a game by Stephan Feld. If you want a good game that scales well for 2-4 players, is laugh-out-loud fun, and is so easy to learn, Crokinole is the game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Thorne

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Congrats are in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the price point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
$99.00 with the scoring box, pegs, light/dark discs and shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.