Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Awesome Game, a Couple of Quick Questions (play an opponent's order?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game today and was hoping we would really love it, based on the descriptions, and we do! It really is quite simple and interesting and has a lot of great ideas and fun in it. I will probably have to get the sequel as well.

A few questions from our first play:

1. A certain card (I don't remember which one) allowed a player to force the opponent to select a card in hand that the player would then get to use for its "order" effect. When this is done, does the card then get discarded by the opponent (as normally happens when you play a card for its order effect), or does the opponent have to suffer the order effect, but at least get to keep the card in hand?

2. What are all the official changes and errata in the game so far? I read something about modifying the homunculus's leader power, and I saw one card typo (a repeated "and and"), so I am wondering if there will be any changes in the second printing, and what rules have been refined.

Thanks, and again, really cool game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
I just got the game today and was hoping we would really love it, based on the descriptions, and we do! It really is quite simple and interesting and has a lot of great ideas and fun in it. I will probably have to get the sequel as well.

A few questions from our first play:

1. A certain card (I don't remember which one) allowed a player to force the opponent to select a card in hand that the player would then get to use for its "order" effect. When this is done, does the card then get discarded by the opponent (as normally happens when you play a card for its order effect), or does the opponent have to suffer the order effect, but at least get to keep the card in hand?

2. What are all the official changes and errata in the game so far? I read something about modifying the homunculus's leader power, and I saw one card typo (a repeated "and and"), so I am wondering if there will be any changes in the second printing, and what rules have been refined.

Thanks, and again, really cool game!

1.- If you are talking about the Illusionist Flank Ability:
The opponent must choose and reveal a card from his hand. You activate its order.
Then your opponent gets to keep the card in his hand, because he is not required to discard it, only to reveal it.

2.- The most significant changes are:

Eligor Larington (Templar Leader): Your heroes have +5 strength if they have taken damage during this Wave.

Khadath Ahemusei (Trapper Leader): Now it has Strength 5, Life 19.

Magdellina Larington (Priestess Leader): Each token on her gives +1 Strength to your Units (instead of +2). She doesn't get a token during the First Round Ceasefire.

Knight Rear Ability: Now the Rear Ability is a "Attack Power" instead of a passive ability. It allows you to transfer up to 6 damage from Heroes in your Unit to your Knight.

Hikaru Sorayama (Fighter Leader): Your Units get +3 Strength in mele (instead of +2).

Pyromancer Vanguard: Instead of a passive ability that lets her attack all enemy heroes with mele attacks, now she has an Attack Power that makes 3 damage to all enemy heroes on mele. That way, her ability cannot be combined with strength boosts.

[UPDATE:] Berserker Order: Now this order allows your front row to attack enemy Heroes, but not the enemy Leader. Source

The Homunculus has the same ability, but it has been reworded to make it more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Aitor. That's what my Templer and Trapper leaders say, so it isn't a change, there, but the other four are different (and that is a massive reduction in the strength of Magdellina Larington and a meaningful increase in the strength of Hikaru Sorayama). Is there a thread that talks about the clarification of the Homunculus?

It is the Witch leader that has the double "and" typo. And yes, it was the Illusionist Flank ability I was thinking of.

Another question is when free actions can be applied: suppose I have a paladin leader who can remove corpses as a free action, and you have a witch in your unit that gets stronger based on corpses on the battlefield, and you just defeated two of my heroes. It is your turn next, and I want to remove the corpses so you do not get damage bonus: can I remove them on YOUR turn since it is a free action for me, or do I still have to wait for my turn, even for free actions?

I wonder if there will be errata cards available to fix those issues you mention (and the Witch, and the Homunculus clarification) available to those who order Pixel Tactics 2 or something? I'd love to get corrected cards, even if I have a pay a little for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the latest P&P version.

My Witch Leader has also the "and and" typo.

The clarification that covers the Homunculus ability is in the FAQ. The same example has now been included in the Homunculus text:
FAQ wrote:
What is ‘Lethal Damage’?
Lethal damage is damage equal to
or beyond the hero/leader's life total. If
a hero has 5 life, and takes 6 damage,
the first 4 damage are nonlethal, and
the last two damage are lethal. Any
source that deals damage is capable
of causing lethal damage.

Free actions are called that way because they do not count towards your action limit. In all other aspects, the act as regular actions, so they cannot be used in your opponent's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollyhock wrote:

[UPDATE:] Berserker Order: Now this order allows your front row to attack enemy Heroes, but not the enemy Leader. Source

I shoulda read BGG before playing... I just lost a match at lunchtime to a 4-order combo of Mystic -> Assassin, Dragon Mage, Berserker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.