Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi guys and gals,

If any of you have seen the movie "Hustle & Flow" it is a perfect representation of Memphis (where I live). Here is the description of the movie:

"DJay, a streetwise Memphis hustler tries to find a voice and realize his long-buried dreams. Though DJay has always had a way with words, that gift has long been misused; this philosopher-hustler lives a dead-end life at the fringes of society. Anything more feels out of reach. Still, DJay wonders what happened to all the big dreams he had for his life. A chance encounter with an old friend, Key, a sound engineer who has always wanted to make it in the music business, spurs DJay: if he's ever going to make his mark, it has to happen now. He begins to write down his freestyle raps--his flow--and the two team up with Shelby, a church musician with a beat machine, to lay down bass-thumping crunk tracks. DJay's metamorphosis affects his entire house, as the women in his life--Shug and Nola--find ways to contribute to the creative process. With the impending visit to Memphis of hometown platinum-selling rapper Skinny Black, DJay has to make one last hustle if he's ever going to flow."

Here is the link to the trailers:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808624381/trailer

Anyway, I am thinking of running a WW game based on this concept. Basically a Pimp and Ho WW game where Vice are the bad guys (wolves). Oh, and just because you are a woman would not necessarily make you a ho and vice versa... that part will be chosen at random.

Here also will be a "game within a game" as well. I'm looking for at least 20 people. There are four areas in Memphis that I know are crawling with real life Pimp's and Ho's (I work right next to one area and literally see them everyday... it's normal). Pimp's and Ho's will be assigned to those certain areas on a "team". So, this will also be a team game as well. Vice will have undercover cops that have infiltrated the Pimps/Ho's and make an arrest each night. During the day there will be drive by's (or other various means) and a Pimp/Ho will be offed.

This is all concept right now and I am gauging interest prior to creating the full rules set... this will NOT be as complicated as The Nightmare Before Christmas (that one was meant to be extremely chaotic... and it was!). Anyway, if you are interested please let me know by replying to this thread. It will not be run till around April to June time frame. So, there is plenty of time.

This game will be a great roleplaying experience as well.

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richert
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in if I have the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, whew! Glad I didn't go through the trouble of creating rules. Was just gauging interest. Maybe all games should start like this? Just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luthien wrote:
Ok, whew! Glad I didn't go through the trouble of creating rules. Was just gauging interest. Maybe all games should start like this? Just an idea.

lol. I'v never seen Hustle & Flow, but I'd more than willing to help you test out this idea.

Yes. Gauging interest is a good idea. Quite true. Not always necesary, but can it hurt ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That's right! Memphis representing at the Oscar's!!!

"It's Hard out Here for a Pimp"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.