12 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quorum Cards: Where do they go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to Quorum cards in the hand of the Current President if they are suddenly impeached? My assumption was discard pile, but a friend of mine says they transfer to the new President. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are given to the new President. See page 12 of the rulebook: "Whichever player has the President title card has control over this hand of Quorum Cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the quorum hand goes to the new President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, the new president inherits the old one's office with all of the connections and paperwork already existing and retains the presidential aide with ready-made plans. For example the writing staff has speeches already written, so you can start in the office by boosting morale with a wonderful and touching speech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of President (seeing as I'm new to the game modest), if he's sent to the Brig -does the title/Quorum cards go to the next in succession?

Also, can a single player/character have more than 1 title in posession?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJ Sino wrote:
Speaking of President (seeing as I'm new to the game modest), if he's sent to the Brig -does the title/Quorum cards go to the next in succession?

In the case of the President he keeps the title in the brig. Only the Admiral title is lost in this situation.

Quote:

Yes they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
JJ Sino wrote:

In the case of the President he keeps the title in the brig. Only the Admiral title is lost in this situation.

Quote:

Yes they can.

Thanks DaveD! That's how we've been playing it, but needed some comfirmation -BSG ROCKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg
United States
New Caprica
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJ Sino wrote:

Just remember that when a player loses their title, it goes to the character who's highest in the list on page 28 of the rulebook. Due to the way things could play out, the character who's next in the list might not actually be the one who's highest in the list.

-HM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollow_Man wrote:
Just remember that when a player loses their title, it goes to the character who's highest in the list on page 28 of the rulebook. Due the way things could play out, the character who's next in the list might not actually be the one who's highest in the list.

-HM

Yes, true that. Forgive my poor choice of words above, as I posted them before having my 1st cup of coffee whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discarded them too on my first play. But as stated above, the correct thing to do is pass them on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante3000 wrote:
I discarded them too on my first play.

We three. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also remember there is a Quorum card "presidential pardon" that can release _another_ player from the brig, not the president.

(unless assumedly Roslin uses her OPG and isn't the prez)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.