Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Hey, That's My Fish! for Android: free (today only) [Amazon App Store] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all, I think, except for a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQM8H9I?tag=article-boar...

Normally $2.99. It's got 4.5/5 stars with 108 reviews over on the Play Store.

You need to install the Amazon App Store onto your Android phone or tablet; instructions are here:

http://www.amazon.com/getappstore?tag=article-boardgamegeek-...

Edit: FYI, the referral links on the Amazon URLs are for BGG, and are being added by BGG's forum, so don't yell at me. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo! Thanks! Always see deals for IOS in this forum. Glad to finally see some Android love!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We're sorry

You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions.

US only.

It's not geography, it's licensing.

Quote:
Why can't I buy Android apps from Amazon in my country?
At this time, we're only able to offer Android apps and associated content to our customers in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, and United Kingdom. We value all our international customers and hope to make our content available in additional countries in the future

So I can't have it because...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Chilton
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Quote:
We're sorry

US only.

Quote:
At this time, we're only able to offer Android apps and associated content to our customers in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, and United Kingdom. We value all our international customers and hope to make our content available in additional countries in the future

your phone is pants, Jon

I've installed it. Mind you I installed Amazon Marketplace when the FAOTD was US only whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Godfrey
United Kingdom
St Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I installed it this morning too with no problems.
Not often the free app of the day is worth bothering with but every so often you get a gem like today. Sole reason I have the amazon app store!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many fucking apps do I fucking have to install before I can install the fucking free app? I installed the fucking amazon app and then it says I MAY need to install another fucking amazon apop. May? Either I have the fucking amazon app or I don't? You're on my fucking phone, don't you fucking know? So now I have to install another fucking amazon app and then sign in THE SAME fucking amazon account before I can install the fucking free game. Now I can't fucking sign in because there's a fucking temporary error please fucking try again in a few moments. A temporary error? Either it fucking works or it fucking doesn't. What's the fucking point of saying temporary? This is driving me mental.

FInally got it to work. After rebooting the phone, I could finally log in to the app app, and then it presented the free app and then it took some time to actually download, but now I have it.

It's a great gateway game, and having it on my phone means I can show more people what I'm talking about when I say I play modern boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

This sucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sooooo much. I've wanted to play Hey, That's My Fish! and now I can to see if I want to buy a hard copy. I downloaded the Amazon App store just to get this game. Big thumbsup!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
It's a great gateway game, and having it on my phone means I can show more people what I'm talking about when I say I play modern boardgames.

What's weird about this game, is that while we gave it to my 8 year old daughter for Christmas, it's also one of the most ruthless and bloodthirsty games I've played! Spamming someone with Mandatory quests in Lords of Waterdeep feels polite compared to just moving a penguin here!

Great to be able to pick it up for free! I rarely remember to check the amazon free app of the day, so I'll maybe have to do so more frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
http://d6desperados.com
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith Martini
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, just came here to post that news. You are quick like a bunny laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally managed to snag this although it was far more effort that it should have been thanks to the Amazon App Store continually erroring out. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:
You need to install the Amazon App Store onto your Android phone or tablet; instructions are here:

More explicit instructions are available here if you need a little more help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrua wrote:
Ceej wrote:

Very good tip, Chris. That needs to be at the top.

If you don't already have the Amazon app app, it's a pig to install. Very counter-intuitive, you have to change the phone settings, you have to get the Amazon app app first, NOT the Amazon app, reboot the phone after installing the app app, then log in to the app app and only then can you finally download the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorri Castro
United States
PHOENIX
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!! Thanks for the tip! I DL'd this to my phone, AND got a $1 credit for an MP3 at Amazon! Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tip, Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Compatible with the Kindle Fire and free! NICE! Thanks, OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh, I think it won't work for Aussies. I just tried and said I didn't have a compatible billable account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
Doh, I think it won't work for Aussies. I just tried and said I didn't have a compatible billable account.

As of right now, Amazon only lets developers set prices for the following:

1) US
2) UK
3) Germany
4) France
5) Spain
6) Italy
7) Canada
8) Japan
9) Brazil

They did recently send out a report that they're expanding their appstore to 200 countries. Not in time for "Hey, That's My Fish" though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I got a £1 credit for an MP3, usuable before 30th June. So they're actually paying me for the app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I normally check Amazon each morning to see if the free app is worth my time and forgot to do so today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horsecrap! i bought it yesterday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
cbrua wrote:
Ceej wrote:

Very good tip, Chris. That needs to be at the top.

If you don't already have the Amazon app app, it's a pig to install. Very counter-intuitive, you have to change the phone settings, you have to get the Amazon app app first, NOT the Amazon app, reboot the phone after installing the app app, then log in to the app app and only then can you finally download the game.

That's not how you typically do it, no. It's very simple. You do have to make sure the security checkbox for installing 3rd party apps is off, yes, but that's the "hardest" part of the process. After that all you do is navigate to a web page on your phone (which Amazon will happily text to you or provide as a QR code) to download the .apk and install it. No rebooting, no multiple downloads and nothing you shouldn't already know how to do on your phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Martin
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I've got nothing up my sleeves
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded it, played it, GREAT SUCCESS. Thanks!

For those of you wondering about how it plays, it is a very polished and attractive app, with a bunch of different "maps" (some cool and some quite silly) that are easily unlocked through achievements. There are nice animations (an orca eats you when you get trapped, heh). It plays great even on a small-ish Android phone. The AI isn't very challenging, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jellyfish Head
Canada
Toronto (Newmarket)
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Quote:
We're sorry

US only.

Quote:

Here's a workaround to get the free apps when you're located outside the US. Worked for me.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-get-amazon-appstore-app...

Thanks for letting us know about this deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.