Popular Tags: [View All]
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else given a thought to this?

Why are the first six expansions simply listed under the name "The Settlers of Catan Card Game Expansions",

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2915

while the upcoming seventh expansion "Die Siedler von Catan - Kartenspiel: Künstler & Wohltäter",

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/21817

is listed on its own?

I don't personally understand this, more so when you can see that the sixth expansion "Barbaren & Handelsherren" is also compressed together with the earlier expanions. Without this fact the current arrangement could be understandable because Mayfair has published the first five as a set.

What do you think, should all of them be together or separately?

I personally think together because otherwise I would have alarmingly many 10s for 'just expansions'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Mayfair's next release of the expansions will include the first six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robartin wrote:
I believe that Mayfair's next release of the expansions will include the first six.

I actually emailed Mayfair after getting to know about the 7th expansion, if they're going to publish this new one and the sixth in English any time soon. They answered:

Quote:
The design of the 7th expansion is not completed.

The 6th expansion and the first five will re-release in the first half of

The exact date will be announced as soon as the print window is confirmed by
the printer.

That didn't exactly answer my question, but the were some positive news, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juuzzom wrote:
Has anyone else given a thought to this?

Yes. I tried uploading them separately, because nr. 6 was already in the DB and why should Carcassonne have all it's expansions listed separate and the SoC Cardgame not? I got a message from the admins that it was going to stay like it is for now. Due to BGG changing a lot in the last few weeks and with more changes coming they weren't added. We'll have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entering monolog-mode:

I just found out that Barbaren & Handelsherren is in the database also on its own. That means its here as a double entry. Hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is that a double?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siedler von catan- Kardspiel: Barbaren & Handelsherren

is listed as an alternate name for "The Settlers of Catan Card Game Expansions". Since the five earlier expansions also have their names listed there, I see that as a double entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
juuzzom wrote:
I actually emailed Mayfair after getting to know about the 7th expansion, if they're going to publish this new one and the sixth in English any time soon. They answered:

Quote:
The design of the 7th expansion is not completed.

The 6th expansion and the first five will re-release in the first half of

The exact date will be announced as soon as the print window is confirmed by
the printer.

That didn't exactly answer my question, but the were some positive news, at least.

I hope that's accurate about the first half of 2006. I e-mailed Mayfair about this a year ago, and when they got back to me in March 2005, they thought the card game and expansions would be out by the Summer of 2005.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what happens when a set set of expansions gets packaged differetn ways in different editions. In SoC-card game, in Germany each was released spearately. In the US, Mayfair released all 5 original expansions in their first release. Now apparently they'l have 6 in their next release. Arrrrrgghhh!

A few other games have the same problem: El Grande, Carcassonne (one deluxe edition included several expansions with the base game), Cosmic Encounter (Eon had 9 separate expansions, Mayfair combined many of the expansions into their base set and a single expansion (and also they made many changes on top that!))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juuzzom wrote:
Siedler von catan- Kardspiel: Barbaren & Handelsherren

is listed as an alternate name for "The Settlers of Catan Card Game Expansions". Since the five earlier expansions also have their names listed there, I see that as a double entry.

The 7th is also one of "The Settlers of Catan Card Game Expansions" and can be listed as alternate name. There are 7 expansions of which 2 are listed separtely and all the 7 under 1 name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.