Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power Token Retrieval rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Can a power token be used and retrieved on the same turn? For instance, could I use the last available power token, then, on the same turn, move to the middle and retrieve all 3 tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrLongJohn wrote:
Can a power token be used and retrieved on the same turn? For instance, could I use the last available power token, then, on the same turn, move to the middle and retrieve all 3 tokens?

According to the rules, the power tokens are placed on the middle tile of the board just after being used, and, if a Taoist ends his turn there, he retrieves all the power tokens placed there.

So yes, you can use a power token, go to the middle tile and retrieve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Tulos
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once, so need clarification on this...

I thought that the turn order was move and THEN an action. So that using the token would mean you can't then move to the centre - you must have used it whilst already in the centre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante3000 wrote:
I've only played once, so need clarification on this...

I thought that the turn order was move and THEN an action. So that using the token would mean you can't then move to the centre - you must have used it whilst already in the centre.

Power tokens can be used prior to moving. In fact some must be used before moving. The Yellow Taoist powers for example. So I can use a power token to collect a Tao token, move to the central tile and get the power token back.

Another example: move to the central tile, use a power token to exploit the Blue Taoist power to ask the villagers help twice, then collect the power token again.

There are others.

Edit. You are correct about turn order: move then action. But an action is exorcise or ask villager for help. Using a power token to invoke a 'missing' monk's power doesn't count as one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not clearly stated in the rules, but looking at the drawings on the last page of the rules booklet indicates that you may play it anytime during your turn (same as yin-yang power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nomrefuse wrote:
This is not clearly stated in the rules, but looking at the drawings on the last page of the rules booklet indicates that you may play it anytime during your turn (same as yin-yang power).

You might want to read the FAQ or browse some of the old rules threads; this has been clarified by the designer and discussed many times. (I realize you're a new user so probably wouldn't know that, which is why I mention it.)

Yellow must be used before movement, red during/before movement. Blue and green can be used when needed, but not in the middle of an action (using green makes it work for the remainder of that yang phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is gonna make my games (I usually 2-play) a bit harder.

Since the rule seemed clear to me on this point I never went looking for clarifications about this.

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nomrefuse wrote:

Well, the relevant quote from my rule book is:
"The Power token allows the active player to use a neutral board’s active power during his Yang phase, as long as the neutral board is not possessed. It is possible to utilize multiple tokens during the same turn, but it is forbidden to use the same power several times in the turn.
Place any used Power tokens on the central tile of the village.
An active player who ends his turn in the center of the village can reclaim one or more power tokens."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.