Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have allways enjoyed playing this style of game, but sadly in my adulthood i dont have the time i wish i did to sit and think of strategys. So, when the rare occasion arrises for me to play i want to get to it, not read all the cards. So in a nutshell, what are each teams strategies out of the box? I own them all and think this general info will help me play better without going over all the cards.... Besides, your answers can also help new players decide what factions to buy! Can anyone please advise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not one for highly strategic play, so others might have much more refined strategies.
1. Cormyr: similar to a white Magic deck. Creatures protect and heal each other. You try to focus combat on one area to allow that and hit multiple enemies with area/multi attacks.
2. Drow: Hit and run. Almost all creatures can use almost all cards and tend to be very quick. Jump out at an enemy creature and destroy it, avoid large scale engagements.
3. Goblins: Offensive combos (as opposed to the defensive Cormyr ones). Your creatures are small, so avoid stand up fights. Also, swarm tactics.
4. Undead: Durable creatures that are powerful on their own, but tend to be slow. I like to harass my opponent, stretch the game out and overrun them with a wave of undead.
5. Orcs: Melee; you get only two creatures with range attacks (plus some order cards), but are unsurpassed in melee. If you can get an enemy creature next to yours it's as good as dead.

Obviously these are very simplified and admittedly I do not have much experience with Orcs and with Cormyr only as opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.