Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am always on the lookout for MK Dungeons since I bought a Starter and traps packs a few years ago on clearance.

Found a store with some dusty boxes. Picked up a Pyramid Starter and 2 boosters.

What was more interesting were some promo figs.

They came as single figs in a red box.

The box says Limited Edition Collectable Figure. The top was sealed with a sticker. One said Level 3 and another Level 4.

They were two different figures. Can anyone shed more light on these? Where they figures for league games etc?

Also, what's up with the rarity of the regular figures? From memory, each figure (except heroes) had 3 levels or rarity?

I wish the store had Dungeon tile packs but alas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the tournament prizes, as you probably know, came in those kind of boxes. I have a couple LEs, still with their boxes but opened long ago. I don't think you can tell which fig's are inside without opening. Maybe if you had images of the boxes, we could narrow down which figures they =might= be, based on which explansion or release. If you can post some pix, one of the bigger collectors can tell you (I'm not one!).

As far as the "3 levels" you refer to, do you mean the one star *, two star**, three star *** levels? That refers to the level of the figure ... weak, standard, and tough. I hope that's what you mean. In terms of rarity, I think the rarities went from 1 to 7. All the rarities are listed on The Battle Planner PC app, but I'm on my iPad now and cannot check.

P.S. We only play the MK Dungeons variety,but if you pick up any of those LEs and find you don't want them or want to trade, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the quick responses.

Ok, you helped clear up the questions about the * on the dials. I found a set list and got the rarity rating from it. Yes, the rarity goes from 1-7. For MK Dungeons, they went from 1-6. 6 being Unique (heroes) of which one unit can be used per game.

As for the LEs, the store had a stack of LEs. I only focused on the MK Dungeon LEs though there were LEs for other MK products that I can't recall. Might have had MK Minions LEs.

I bought two random boxes, one said Level 3 and the other Level 4 on the sticker. I opened them and got these two figs:

#111 Ankhet
#108 Mirajon (same mould as the Satyr figure)

From the scant info online, I gather there were LE3 and LE4s given out. The regular Dungeons figures stopped at #100. These went on to at least #112. I'll head back to see if I can find more and get the set!

I might go by the store to see what else is left. They had some traps packs and an artifact set.

Which ones are you looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo figs were also called "LEs" (limited editions), so if you google for info on them you may want to try that term or abbreviation.

Generally they were the same sculpt as a normal figure, but were unique and different in some way than the original fig. Sometimes they were just better versions (similar to how the red (***) was better than the blue (**) or yellow (*) versions), sometimes they had a completely different powerset.

As far as value, they varied. Most of them were not especially valuable, but certain ones were highly sought after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a website with a list (and obviously outdated 2003 pricing).

There were level 3, 4, 5, and 6 LEs totalling 20 in all, 4 of each. The higher the number the rarer perhaps? Though one L3 Sneenox seemed hard to find back in the day. The store had several marked on the boxes.

I might drop by and see if I can assemble complete L3 and L4 sets!

Were these prizes for local tourneys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:

Yes: venues that ran certain events or series got support from the manufacturer that included these sorts of things. WizKids did the same things for Mechwarrior: Dark Age (the clicky-base Battletech game) - and, I might imagine, HeroClix (etc.) as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
I found a website with a list (and obviously outdated 2003 pricing).

There were level 3, 4, 5, and 6 LEs totalling 20 in all, 4 of each. The higher the number the rarer perhaps? Though one L3 Sneenox seemed hard to find back in the day. The store had several marked on the boxes.

I might drop by and see if I can assemble complete L3 and L4 sets!

Yes, these were prizes. My wife & I used to be "warlords" and we organized/ran tournies in Albuquerque -- our kids played, too. Unfortunately, we never =won= any, lol! But I'm still playing MK Dungeons with my adults kids and our board game friends, so I'm more interested in MK Dungeon figures ... not so much into collecting a complete set of LE's.

If you look on some online game stores like Troll & Toad, you'll find examples of what they used to charge for the LE's. For instance, T&T sold Ankhet #111 for $2.29, and Mirajon #108 for $0.79. But you might find collectors' prices higher. One of my favorite LE's that I use in MKD is Brimbidus Grimm (#112), a large Minotaur ... I'd be interested in getting another one for trading or just to fill out a dungeon crawl. Let's talk by email ...

If you're interested in building up your MKD game, I'd recommend grabbing the Artifacts sets...they add a lot to the game!

Also, see the players aids designed and distributed for free by Scott Everts here on BGG -- see the MK Dungeon page under "Files." His Heroes reference cards are extremely useful in building teams and tracking levels, treasure chests, etc., during a game. I ordered a complete set of the Heroes ref cards from Artscow ... well worth it!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Bear
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I love CCGs/LCGs/Dice Games
badge
Everyday I'm Shufflin
mbmbmbmbmb
diamondz123 wrote:

Also, see the players aids designed and distributed for free by Scott Everts here on BGG -- see the MK Dungeon page under "Files." His Heroes reference cards are extremely useful in building teams and tracking levels, treasure chests, etc., during a game. I ordered a complete set of the Heroes ref cards from Artscow ... well worth it!

Enjoy!

^this x1000. The cards also help you track your collection pretty well, I used them to figure out what heroes I am missing w/o delving old spreadsheets and it also show you what they look like, which is great for scanning pictures of very minimal info eBay auctions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to drop by the story. As the LE boxes are sealed, I'll need to ask if I could open them to have look.

Thanks for all the help and I'm happy to respond to trade requests! I'd be happy to trade for heroes and other LEs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.