Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game recently using the 'Braveheart' scenario. I played the English, and was told by the other player that I can only draw 4 blocks per Feudal Levy (as stated in page 7, para 8.1 of the rules under 'English Deployment- England: Feudal Levy of 4 blocks') every year.

However, when i read the rules again after the session, page 6, para 7.7 'English Feudal Levy' mentions that half the blocks are drawn from the English draw pool and makes no exceptions for the 4 block Feudal Levy. The rules also make no mention of any exception to the 50% draw rule other than the aforementioned para 8.1.

I am inclined to think that we played it wrongly, and that the 4 block Feudal Levy only applies to the initial positions for the 'Braveheart' scenario, and that in subsequent years, the English draw half the English draw pool.

Could someone confirm this please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct: the English Feudal levy for Braveheart is 4 units for the first year and half of the draw pile (rounded up) for all other years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.