Subject: Saboteur @ a picnic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So yesterday was holiday in Italy. Me and my friends went out for a picnic and I decided to bring Saboteur 2 along with Citadels and RftG. I knew we would end up playing either S2 or Citadels since the company was quite mixed and some of my friends find it difficult to learn new complex games.. actually they are stuck to poker and the such but my efforts are slowing rewarded since some of them moved to some more consistent games.
I brought RftG anyway because my 11 yo cousin and I are used to playing it quite often as the occasion arise, but we did not have occasion to play it.
In the end we played S2. What can I say? S2 is a very easy game, that could get quite confusing for new players if you attempt to explain all in one go (even though you are, as I am, such a good teacher ) . I've already had some hard time explaining all the roles and the action cards at once, so I decided to explain the 3 basic roles: 'Team Blue, Team Green, Saboteur; and then you need to build a path from here to there.' then we started.

It went better than expected even though one of my poker-playing friend coudn't refrain from cheating a bit, as he always does, by peeking the treasure cards when nobody watched.
After the training round I spent some more words for the remaining roles and action cards and the newcomers understood them easily.

We played the 3 rounds and in the end my wife was leading with 10 points and my 11 yo cousing had 9 points. They played the saboteur twice and won 2 important rounds. In the end I had the chance to steal 1 point from someone and I decided to steal from my wife's bag (she's really good with boardgames of every kind and she needed to be stopped this time ) the game so ended with a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.