Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » General

Subject: Will this game fit on a standard card table (with the fold up legs)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Would love to purchase this game in June when it is re-released, but I don't have a single available surface in the house (besides the floor). I could use the kitchen table but for some reason we need to put food on it often , so the map would have to be moved off before I could finish a game.
Hence, my question.

Also, there are so many chits. . . for you that own the game, how do you organize them best?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be to wide... my advice... go buy a poster frame and put the map in that and then it will sit fine on a card table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a pretty smart idea. But are there game components that occur off-map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It fits and plays fine on the cheap fold-up card table I've used for it. Except for the replacement counters for units and markers, everything else fits within the confines of the map; there are boxes on map for storing german reinforcements, for example. The biggest issue I had initially was the plethora of charts, but I ended up printing and laminating the reference panel available here: DDAOB Reference Panel. It's great, and only adds about 6" along the entire bottom of the map.

As to organization, I use those 7-day pill flip-top pill holders you can get cheap at the drugstore. I think I have four of them for DDAOB. They're compact, fit the counters well, and they close up firmly so if they get knocked around it's no big deal.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Place your laptop on the table and play with vassal. Loadsa space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy the poster frames for most of my games.

1. Makes a nice flat surface for pieces, no folds in map "adjusting chits"
2. Makes for nice art on the wall when not playing.
3. Allows you to set up and then move (albeit, very carefully) your game to the top of the fridge for the night, so the cat doesn't decide to play "General" with your battalions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LancerDeuce wrote:
It fits and plays fine on the cheap fold-up card table

I must have a small card table then - doesn't fit on mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yaboo wrote:
LancerDeuce wrote:
It fits and plays fine on the cheap fold-up card table

I must have a small card table then - doesn't fit on mine.

We must have the same card table. The map hangs over a bit width wise on mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luvmywife wrote:

Also, there are so many chits. . . for you that own the game, how do you organize them best?

Thanks

The counters organize easily into two GMT counter trays. I'm able to fit the whole game (map, rules, counter trays, sleeved cards) into the original box for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else use the card sleeve packages to actually hold the cards in the box together??? its a good way to fit card into the wargame boxes without them sliding around everywhere (usually takes 2-3 packages per game....which I shamefully always have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
Does anyone else use the card sleeve packages to actually hold the cards in the box together??? its a good way to fit card into the wargame boxes without them sliding around everywhere (usually takes 2-3 packages per game....which I shamefully always have).

I used Firepigeons tuckbox. Very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.