Combat Commander: Pacific» Forums » Rules

Subject: Objective Chits Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct to assume, that if the axis has a victory chit, that only the axis can gain victory points for controlling that objective. And, that if the allies control that axis objective, the only thing that it provides them is denying the axis from receiving the victory points?

In other words, neither side actually gains victory points for controlling the other sides specific objective hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not correct. Both sides can get points from all chits that might be in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is not true. Both sides benefit from the control of secret objective. This means that if enemy controls your secret objective then you must try to take control it or else the opponent will receive points at the end of game. If the opponent didn't receive points then in fact you would have no motivation to fight for control of the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I would have definitely played that wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
And for clarity's sake, if you have a Secret Objective chit, you get NO points for controlling that objective until that chit is revealed at the end of the game. (I don't remember if Pacific has the event which reveals one as Europe does...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Malacandra wrote:
(I don't remember if Pacific has the event which reveals one as Europe does...)

Yes, CC:P has the Reconnaissance event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.