Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything that Flying Frog has released for LNOE as well as about 15 user created scenarios. Totally love the game, and enjoy playing this with my regular group as well as folks who have never played it. Totally appreciate the dot system to mix up rules and keep things fresh.

How much would Timber Peak add to my existing collection for this game? Because it can be played as a stand-alone game, how does it perform as an expansion? I would never play it by itself. Would this expansion simply add a couple of new characters, tiles, and cards, or does it also add additional rules, mechanics, and epic adventuring experiences for the Hero's and zombies? I am kind of a completist with games I love, but I haven't felt drawn to purchase this expansion yet. Now that I realize they are releasing a new expansion in September, I either want to purchase Timber Peak now, or skip it altogether and just pick up the next expansion in September.

Maybe some insight by those who purchased Timber Peak as an addon can make some recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get it. Then you can do cool things like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Macleod
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without anymore hesitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't rule out playing it as a stand alone just yet. It plays quicker than the base game (which can be useful on some game nights) and the scenarios are all excellent.

Buy it for the fire and experience rules if you are only looking for add-ons.

Either way, buy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Grosshans
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BUY IT!
I too, have all the LNOE stuff (including all the juicy web-exclusive stuff, like the radioactive zombies).

This game is so versatile. I love it to death (heh). All of their optional rules are so easy to incorporate, and you can always pick and choose which ones to use.
Timber Peak brings new boards and rules to the whole LNOE experience. GET IT!

And then begin to lust after Blood on the Snow, which will introduce the rectangular boards so you can have a complete outer board!! Awesome!

Did I mention I love this game. :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerryParker wrote:

And then begin to lust after Blood on the Snow, which will introduce the rectangular boards so you can have a complete outer board!! Awesome!

I think you're mixing up your games. Blood in the Forest is the next LNoE game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, with those kinds of recommendations, I have to pull the trigger on this game. Thanks for the direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
PerryParker wrote:

I think you're mixing up your games. Blood in the Forest is the next LNoE game.

Or does he know something we don't I've not seen series three of The Walking Dead but I do know that the survivors were hoping that a very cold winter would 'kill' off the zombies. 'Blood On The Snow' could take the idea of fast-moving and starving zombies from BITF further. Perhaps they could introduce Tracker skills for the heroes to hunt Zombies, or follow a trail of blood?

Apart from Heavy Rain, scenarios set outdoors should / could be more affected by weather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.