Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to find other board game players who live in West London area who would be interested in meeting up occasionally to play various board games, possibly including Magic, but open to new games and old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephen. There are a number of clubs in London if you're interested. I run London on Board which meets in central London but there is also a club in Isleworth meeting every Wednesday that you might find more convenient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen

There are a couple of groups in West London you could go and visit.

You can find details of Isleworth Board Gamers here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/728

And Richmond and Kew Board Gamers here

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1140

If you want to venture into Central London there is London on Board

http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin and John.

Thank you for the replies. I have seen the Isleworth Board Gamers on here before and might give it a go one day as it looks interesting.

I don't mind hosting small games at my house, so was interested in finding anyone in the area who might like to meet up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mb
Even if you don't plan to be a regular, local clubs really are the best places to find local gamers. As good as BGG is, it's quite hit-and-miss as to whether your message will be seen by someone suitable.

I host games, and go to other peoples houses for games, in North London. All of these people I have met through going to the games club in Finchley. If for some reason the club ceased to exist I'm in a position now where I'd easily still get plenty of gaming in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomGraham wrote:
Even if you don't plan to be a regular, local clubs really are the best places to find local gamers. As good as BGG is, it's quite hit-and-miss as to whether your message will be seen by someone suitable.

I host games, and go to other peoples houses for games, in North London. All of these people I have met through going to the games club in Finchley. If for some reason the club ceased to exist I'm in a position now where I'd easily still get plenty of gaming in.

Yes it does sound like that is a great place to meet other local gamers, just trying on here as another option.

Used to go to a number of Magic events but they just seemed to be ways to get to you to buy more cards and you ended up never being able to play with the cards you had got already. The people running it also didn't like you trying to arrange Magic games outside of their setup, and it seems that Magic is a bit of a bad word in some board game groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.