James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card display is full.
A player takes a card from the top row, thus leaving a gap.
On his turn he expends a card, does it fill the new gap in the top row? I'm assuming it does as the rules talk about 'if possible' to place in the top row.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
The card display is full.
A player takes a card from the top row, thus leaving a gap.
On his turn he expends a card, does it fill the new gap in the top row? I'm assuming it does as the rules talk about 'if possible' to place in the top row.

Thanks

IIRC as soon as the card display is filled, you slide off the bottom row into the discard pile and move the top row down to the bottom row. The situation you describe should not happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the rules say

Quote:
When you expend a card you must always, if possible, place it on the top row of the Card Display. If the top row is full then you place it on the bottom row.... Only one card can be placed in a space... If both rows are full and you need to expend a card then you remove and discard all of the cards from the top row.

So not as soon as its filled?

EDIT - beaten to it. The discarding of cards is clear, but I'm still unclear on my original question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
James, the answer is "yes".

As the rules state, if the top row is not full (i.e. if there's a gap in it), that's where the discarded card goes (regardless of whether the bottom row is full or not, though it doesn't explicitly say that).

(edited for clarity and typos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that's how I understood it, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.