Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone agree this would make a great tablet game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... any boardgame on iOS would be welcomed I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Android ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

You'd think so, but I think some games are just no fun on a computer. Settlers of Catan is the first board game that I love to play in real life but hate to play in the virtual world.

It also depends on the price. I like Carcassonne quite a lot, but I'm not willing to pay $9.99 for the iPhone version. I got Ticket to Ride, Tikal, Ra, and Stone Age for $2.99 each and they are all very well translated to the small screen (even though Ra still has a few bugs). Bring the price down to that range and I'd pick up Carcassonne too.

Thurn and Taxis would probably be an excellent iOS translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dredry Toenail wrote:
fardoche wrote:

You'd think so, but I think some games are just no fun on a computer. Settlers of Catan is the first board game that I love to play in real life but hate to play in the virtual world.

It also depends on the price. I like Carcassonne quite a lot, but I'm not willing to pay $9.99 for the iPhone version. I got Ticket to Ride, Tikal, Ra, and Stone Age for $2.99 each and they are all very well translated to the small screen (even though Ra still has a few bugs). Bring the price down to that range and I'd pick up Carcassonne too.

Thurn and Taxis would probably be an excellent iOS translation.

Huh... I'm the other way around.... I prefer computer games of Catan, and would rather use f2f time to play any other board game, especially if there's no digital counterpart

BTW, what bugs does Ra have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest most annoying thing with RA iOS is that it can just stop doing anything. I usually play a 3-player game and it isn't supposed to be my turn and the other 2 AI players aren't doing anything at all - and of course, neither can I because it's still not my turn.

You can pull up the menu screen, you can pull up players' tile screens, you can even look at the tile descriptions, but nothing gets the game moving again.

I have contacted Sage Games about it and they promise they are working on the fix.

Other bugs are minor, like animation lags, and no score showing up for me, but AI players scores are visible. Those are livable because I can see my score on my player tile screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo L.
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
My scythe... I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I totally agree this should be on iOS. Preferably an app made by a company that knows what they're doing. If it gets the budget of a LoW or a TtR, this could be a great app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the games being released on iOS I thought this thread should be revived. Who do we have to beat up to get this made?

TAKE MY MONEY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Quinonez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:

TAKE MY MONEY!

Mine too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ligtreb wrote:
pdoherty wrote:

TAKE MY MONEY!

Mine too!

Get off your butts, developers/publishers! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.