Popular Tags: [View All]
William Snider
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been seeing some card games in the app stores that look cool. I recently downloaded Fallen for free. Some of these are made just for IOS it seems. Any thoughts on some of them?

edit: I'm sorry. It is called War of the Fallen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascension is a great one. I don't care for the tiny interface on the iPhone/iPod, but on the iPad it's excellent.

I think the base game is free, but you'll eventually want to buy at least one of the expansions, for added variety/replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Mora
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not sure it's what you are looking for, but recently it has been published a very nice implementation, IMHO, of Piquet, a quite interesting ancient game for two. The only cons are that it's very pricey in my opinion and the included treatise on Piquet is not (yet) complete.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/piquet/id634465886?mt=8

Of course, the App Store is full of lots of interesting modern card games:
Tichu

Haggis
Wizard
Dungeon Solitaire
Bohnanza
Ascension
Nightfall
Gubs
Bang!
San Juan

and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascension is great for a quick game when you don't want to think too much.

Spectromancer (which doesn't have a physical equivalent) is also excellent, requires more thought/strategy and has a nice campaign that I'm currently working through.

I'd also recommend Summoner Wars - again it requires much more thought and strategy, more so that Spectromancer again.

+1 for San Juan too.

(On the downside, I didn't personally much care for Nightfall (though I may not have given it a proper chance - no complaints about the Playdek implementation though) nor Penny Arcade (another good implementation but not for me).

Lost Cities is also OK, but the implementation appears to do away with any theme that the physical version might have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Fischer
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Ascension is a great one. I don't care for the tiny interface on the iPhone/iPod, but on the iPad it's excellent.
After 1000 games on the iPad you can play it on the phone just as well.

I also strongly recommend (besides the ones already mentioned) the recently released Battle For Hill 218 - a perfect tactical filler game.
And Knizia's Battleline is great, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Snider
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies but I was looking for games that are not here on BGG like Shadow Era and Falling. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I am enjoying Ascension and San Juan alot on my Ipad. Looking foward to learning Le Havre on it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio Virzo
Italy
Latina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sniderman89 wrote:
Thanks for the replies but I was looking for games that are not here on BGG like Shadow Era and Falling. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I am enjoying Ascension and San Juan alot on my Ipad. Looking foward to learning Le Havre on it too.

So you may want to check these titles...

Magic The Gathering 2013
Might & Magic: Duels of Champions
Assassin's Creed: Recollection
Spectromancer
Kard Combat
Heroes Blade
Card Warden (this one is really an incredible app, when used properly!)
Dungeon Solitaire (and somewhere in TouchArcade forums you may find promotional unlock codes also - every code is free)
Frantic
Orions: Legend of Wizards
Orions 2: The Deckmasters (btw both of these Orions are same, shame to devs)
Two Towers
It's Alive!
Henry and the Psionic Overlords (not a card game for real, but deserve a check due to its theme)
Amber Route (similar to Two Towers)
The Necronomicon Redux (a lovecraftian-themed Dungeon Solitaire, very enjoyable)
Forbidden Isle (perfect rendition of a popular card driven boardgame)
Ghost Stories (same as above mentioned boardgame, different theme)

And I may suggest much more titles which unfortunately atm I can't remind properly...

EDIT: two fantastic card based titles were Poison (a Knizia's title) and Alien Menace (really fantastic!) but actually they will result as pulled off from my Applestore (I'm italian, don't sure if it's the same on your side). Needless to say, I own every card game released on iOS iphone/ipad, mostly since day one... I'm quite a fan of card games, LOL! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Pedro
msg tools
mbmb
I can vouch for:
Summoner Wars
Magic the gathering 2013
San Juan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.