Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: DVG Games are fantastic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I recently purchased Field Commander: Napoleon. Upon opening the box, I saw there were a few problems due to mold. From browsing the forums, I saw that this wasn't the first time this has happened. I also saw that this was only a problem with this game in DVG's line and other games don't have this issue (either a printer or shipper issue).

Anyhow, I wrote to DVG and they emailed me back to say it's already been shipped. Upon receiving the package here in Canada, I saw that the shipping costs were...... $24.55! This is almost 1/3 of what I paid for the game!

Buy with confidence from DVG, they have your back. Plus, they produce excellent games (Both this and Thunderbolt Apache Leader are killer!)

I am posting this in General Gaming because DVG deserves it. By spending $25, they probably took a hit in selling me the game and I hope that this increases confidence in their brand. I know I'll be purchasing the next game in the Leader series and the Field Commander series, even though I'm happy with the two I have, because I want to support them (and I'm pretty sure the newer games will be awesome because each iteration of both these game series seem to get progressively better)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not agree more! I also purchased FC:N and had two of one counter sheet and was missing another. I got that taken care of promptly!

I've also print and played Corsair Leader, am rather enamored with the Phantom Leader iOS app of late, am going to order TAL today, and am pre-ordering Field Commander Nimitz as soon as I finish writing this post!

Official Public Service Announcement: I held off on the Nimitz game because pre-orders were not coming quickly. With my order today there will only be ten left to go, so if you were waiting for the same reasons that I was, now's the time!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leidich
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to hear when a publisher/seller makes things right. I recently got into some DVG titles myself with the Leader series (TAL and U-Boat) but have been interested in checking out some of the other stuff. Their 1-player games are perfect for me to get a gaming fix when I'm traveling for work.

Games on the tablet just don't cut it, I need to fiddle with real bits.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrogdog wrote:
and am pre-ordering Field Commander Nimitz as soon as I finish writing this post!

Official Public Service Announcement: I held off on the Nimitz game because pre-orders were not coming quickly. With my order today there will only be ten left to go, so if you were waiting for the same reasons that I was, now's the time!


Finally! Thank you Steve. It's been sitting at 289 for a while (I know the numbers aren't updated automatically).

Now just 10 more to go. How long?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rangerx wrote:
Always nice to hear when a publisher/seller makes things right. I recently got into some DVG titles myself with the Leader series (TAL and U-Boat) but have been interested in checking out some of the other stuff. Their 1-player games are perfect for me to get a gaming fix when I'm traveling for work.

Games on the tablet just don't cut it, I need to fiddle with real bits.


I enjoy Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations slightly more than TAL. Mostly because it's less busy and a little smoother on the gameplay. Definitely more to consider with TAL, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'll throw in a pre-order for Nimitz before the weekend is out!

Btw, I just realized that Nimitz and Napoleon have the same acronym "FC:N". That's irritating. Looks like FC:Nap and FC:Nim are imminent
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
Scrogdog wrote:
and am pre-ordering Field Commander Nimitz as soon as I finish writing this post!

Official Public Service Announcement: I held off on the Nimitz game because pre-orders were not coming quickly. With my order today there will only be ten left to go, so if you were waiting for the same reasons that I was, now's the time!


Finally! Thank you Steve. It's been sitting at 289 for a while (I know the numbers aren't updated automatically).

Now just 10 more to go. How long?


Depends on the effectiveness of a raising awareness campiagn! Let's hope just a few weeks once the word gets out that we're darn close!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I'll throw in a pre-order for Nimitz before the weekend is out!

Btw, I just realized that Nimitz and Napoleon have the same acronym "FC:N". That's irritating. Looks like FC:Nap and FC:Nim are imminent


Aye, looks that way.

9 bottles of beer on the wall... 9 bottles of beer...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious - do Publishers have insurance that covers this sort of thing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine so. I mean, actors and actresses insure body parts! It amazes me what can be insured.

We have a local furniture company that advertises stuff like "if any Red Sox player hits a particular sign in the Fenway outfield then all of the furniture that you bought during the promo is ABSOLUTELY FREE".

I asked one of our sales weasels how they did that and yep, you guessed it. Insurance. The odds are pretty low, the insurance companies eat it up and folks buy furniture (I guess).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrogdog wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:
I'll throw in a pre-order for Nimitz before the weekend is out!

Btw, I just realized that Nimitz and Napoleon have the same acronym "FC:N". That's irritating. Looks like FC:Nap and FC:Nim are imminent


Aye, looks that way.

9 bottles of beer on the wall... 9 bottles of beer...


Sure would be nice to have some more information about the Nimitz game on the site. U-boat was not very good, and I lost a little confidence such that it's making it hard to pull the trigger on Nimitz. Therefore, the request to see more info.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
emcher wrote:
Scrogdog wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:
I'll throw in a pre-order for Nimitz before the weekend is out!

Btw, I just realized that Nimitz and Napoleon have the same acronym "FC:N". That's irritating. Looks like FC:Nap and FC:Nim are imminent


Aye, looks that way.

9 bottles of beer on the wall... 9 bottles of beer...


Sure would be nice to have some more information about the Nimitz game on the site. U-boat was not very good, and I lost a little confidence such that it's making it hard to pull the trigger on Nimitz. Therefore, the request to see more info.


U-Boat is in a different series, and seems to be the worst regarded of the otherwise excellent Leader Series.

Fleet Commander: Nimitz is succeeding Field Commander: Napoleon which is highly regarded.

I'm not worried about Nimitz, but I am concerned over Gato Leader, as that will have the most in common with U-Boat Leader. I'm looking forward to it nonetheless; I find the PTO very interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Further, though many regard U-Boat Leader as the weakest entry in the series, it preceeded the release of Thunderbolt Apache Leader (iirc) which many regard as the best in the series.

I have a high level of confidence in the Nimitz game, personally.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I couldn't pull the trigger on Nimitz. 100 Bones (including shipping) is too much for me at the moment. I'll try to buy a copy when it's on shelves to give my support
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, looks like that won't be a problem, Moshe.

I got this email last night. In my opinion, yet more evidence of the class act that is DVG Games!

--------------------------------------------

From: customerservice@dvg.com
Date: May 2, 2013, 2:40:24 AM EDT
Subject: DVG NEWS - UPDATE!
HORNET LEADER - THE CTHULHU CONFLICT

Is at the printer!

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/61/Hornet%20Leader%20-%20Cth...


FLEET COMMANDER NIMITZ

Good news and bad news.

The good news is, the design is coming along well. We have a solid tactical system and we are now finalizing the strategic system.

We'll post updated art soon.

The bad news is, the game will require an 11" x 17" Battle Board, rather than the 8.5" x 11" Battle Board orignally schduled.

The cost of printing games has also increased.

The good news is, we will keep the pre-order price the same, and we'll try and cover the added expenses through trying to gather more pre-orders.

We will continue to include the new larger mounted Battle Board with all pre-orders.

Whether the pre-orders cover the added costs or not, we will send the game to print as soon as its design phase is complete. We appreciate the support that everyone has shown and we'll cover the added costs if need be.

To make the numbers balance, we will need 400 to 425 pre-orders. Please tell your friends!

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/51/Fleet%20Commander%20Nimit...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Ugh, I am so tempted, but this won't see the light of day until I need some variety from Field Commander: Nappy, Thunderbolt Apache Leader, Fields of Fire, Dawn of the Zeds, and D-Day at Omaha Beach.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.