1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Local Community Board Game Center Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Damm
msg tools
http://www.gofundme.com/2q3jmc

Above is a link to my gofund me project which I am hoping to complete in order to bring board games into my community for an amalgamation of boardgame/ community center. Its a pretty ambitious goal but I am sure with some effort and input I might be able to get it off the ground.
I would also like some input for games that should be purchased for the center. I am an avid gamer and have a little over 100 games but there are tons of things that I don;t have time to play but have heard tons of awesome things about. Once again, this is a community center so any and all games are welcome but it would be awesome to get some true winners in .
If you are unable to donate, all that I ask is that you get the word out and we can make this happen.
Thanks a ton and good gaming folks.

Below is the snippet from the page :

When I first moved to Broken Bow, Oklahoma 17 years ago, I was seduced by the seclusion and the peace and quiet. After a few months though, the lack of anything to do around these parts took its toll on me and I was trying to find ways to alleviate the boredom around here.
Thankfully, through some massive efforts on my part and dumb luck, I found a group of like minded individuals and with them managed to survive the monotony of this place with the help of board games.
I now have 4 children and each of them is an avid board gamer as well and when their friends come over more and more of them get hooked on the games we have at the house. Its a constant fight to fit everyone in and get everyone accomodated because word of mouth of the "House of Board Games" has spread through our little community.
It gives them something to do and thnakfully keeps them away from the less desireable elements around and harsh realities such as poverty, drugs, and the other trappings of an economiclly disadvantaged rural small town.
My idea is to create an amalgamation of a youth center/ board game facility for kids to hang out and learn both team work and sportsmanship.
The funding goal may seem lofty, but the cost of tables, chairs, and the board games themselves are pretty high. Hopefully with your efforts we can make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.