Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can empty ships capture other ships?

2. If a catapult on one ship hits an enemy ship, does the whole ship go down?

3. Can you move one piece half of its allowed movements, move another piece, and then resume movement on the first piece?

4. If you capture a piece with soldiers riding on it, do they all get removed?

5. If you occupy a space in your opponent's castle and you retract the drawbridge, it drops again on your next turn and not your opponent's, correct?

6. Is it correct that only ships can capture enemy ships? Land units can only commandeer them?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Good question. I think they can.

2. Yes

3. Yes. This is why the game can be a brain burner.

4. Yes.

5. Good question. I think your opponent still operates the drawbridge. I would have to take a look at the rules, though.

6. Yes. Now I don't know if it has to be occupied, but I don't think it does.....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
6. It does not have to remain occupied after comandeering. Substitute w/ your own if you have one or lay a captured soldier down in it to mark identity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus-Dieter Gröhnke
Germany
Gladbeck
flag msg tools
Hello UA Darth,

shadow9d9 wrote:

5. If you occupy a space in your opponent's castle and you retract the drawbridge, it drops again on your next turn and not your opponent's, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

shadow9d9 wrote:
6. Is it correct that only ships can capture enemy ships? Land units can only commandeer them?

"To commandeer a piece" means "to capture a piece" though but if a land unit commandeers (=captures) a piece (vessel or camel) the opponent's piece will stay on board and it belongs to your units. Concerning vessels even if you disembark the captured vessel of your opponent afterwards.
In other cases captured pieces are removed from the board.

You can discuss topics concerning Grand Conquest on www.conquest-forum.de. You could play Grand Conquest matches, too, and there's actually a contest!

Klaus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.