7 Posts

Love Letter» Forums » General

Subject: Marks on the back of one of the cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game and one of the cards (one of the guards specifically) has two small yellow/brownish lines at the top. This isn't from scuffing but seems to be some sort of printing error.

I can't get the game exchanged since this was the last copy my FLGS had. Has anyone else encountered this problem and do people have any advice on what I should do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

Contact AEG to send you a replacement card, they send me one to replace a marked card.

In the short term, opaque card sleeves are the only option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:

Contact AEG to send you a replacement card, they send me one to replace a marked card.

I was going to get opaque sleeves anyway so I think I'll go with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:

I just did this also and AEG were very good about sending a (WELL protected) replacement at no cost. One of my Guard cards came very munged and then sent the new one right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me and AEG provided a prompt replacement. Only downside was the new card had a slightly different color back. The opaque sleeve option is probably best.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After I played our first game I found one of the cards was marked with a nick near the edge. Probably a handling issue by us and not a production problem. I tried to ignore it but that white mark glares off those dark red backs. I finally flipped it over once the afternoon was over and it is the flipping Princess.

Sleeved them the next day. I hated to cover up the beautiful artwork on the backs but really no other option. I wish game companies would give us a white borders to avoid things like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.