6 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » General

Subject: Protection for the game boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently purchased Resistance and I immediately bought sleeves for the cards to make sure that they last. One thing I've been worrying about is the game boards, they are of fairly flimsy card stock and might easily get damaged. Has anyone got any tips on how to protect the boards from wear and tear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could laminate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
illest503 wrote:
You could laminate them.

That's what I was thinking - they are certainly thin enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to avoid lamination because you want to be able to take the boards out at some point, you can look into file pockets (at least, I think that's what they're called - they're clear plastic self-adhesive envelopes that don't adhere to their contents) from an office supply store. They may have some that are appropriately sized for the boards, or you can just buy them as 8x10.

Failing that, sheet protectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time I played this game, one of the players must have been rubbing the accept/reject token constantly, because he rubbed quite a bit of the color of them and they showed the white specs under them.

I was a bit miffed... but also surprised that after one play of handling that they could get like that.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Häggkvist
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
Had to do SOMETHING with all that GeekGold...
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
The first time I played this game, one of the players must have been rubbing the accept/reject token constantly, because he rubbed quite a bit of the color of them and they showed the white specs under them.

Exactly the same thing happened to my copy of the game. After one game night all accept/reject tokens that had been used show signs of wear, but two of them much more than the others. Absolutely crap quality, especially considering the importance of not being able to tell these tokens apart (until the vote has been made public). I guess I will use go-like black and white stones for this voting instead (being held in the closed hands of the players until everyone has decided how to vote).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.