8 Posts

Stone Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placement of meeples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Castro
msg tools
cry
Ok so stone age is the intro game that has got me into the world of boardgames. I just purchased Puertorico and its still sealed. Wooohoooo!
Anyway....tonights gaming night and I think I have been playing stone age wrong all along!!! AAAAHHH the shame.
OK so the question is four players at the table first player is red and has the chief figure. The way iv been playing is chief goes first and places all 5 of his meeples at one go a distributes them across the board to his liking or needs, the 2nd player blue goes and places ALL his blues across the board and so on and so forth.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only place meeples at one location at a time. So you can place meeples in wood, or at the love hut, or one on a resource card. Then the other players go. Then you can place again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Castro
msg tools
Thanks Ed.....proper game tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also important to remember that if you place on a resource area (hunting, lumber, clay, stone or gold) that you have to place all the workers you want there in one go. For example, you cannot place 2 in lumber on one of your turns, then come back and place more in lumber on another turn.

Game on!
- Corey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Castro
msg tools
Thanks Corey!
Wasn't doing that either....yikes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game should be much more competitive following these rules. It's a favorite of mine--enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phobos718 wrote:
The way iv been playing is chief goes first and places all 5 of his meeples at one go a distributes them across the board to his liking or needs, the 2nd player blue goes and places ALL his blues across the board and so on and so forth.....
Let's check the rules a moment (my highlighting).

The start player begins and must place 1 or more of his people on one place of his choice. Then the next player in clockwise order follows and must also place 1 or more of his people on one place of his choice.This continues in clockwise order until all players have placed all their people on the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to clarify the above...

Each hut is considered a different place. Each card is considered a different place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.