Subject: Victory Banners at Krasnoi rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Victory Banners awarded for destroying units as normal in addition to the Special Rules? If so, this can be a very quick scenario.

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Maps/French-invasion-of-Russia-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Keep in mind the French get one victor banner for every the first two line units that exit, and the Russians one VB for every two of the six line units, so the most that either the Russians can get is three banners for that particular special rule, and the most the French can get is five.

Haven't played this particular scenario yet, but I suspect that it won't go as quickly as you imagine.

Edit: Ugh, see below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
I can nearly agree with erache,
because i noticed, that many players don´t see the key for a French victory

Only one mistake on his answer: The French get one 1VP for first 2 saved LN and after that, for each saved single LN also one VP.
That means: French saved LN 1 and 2 = 1 VP
French saved LN 3 = 1 VP; French saved LN 4 = 1 VP and so on

And also important, for each saved LN, the russian Player loose one command card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:
Yes. Keep in mind the French get one victor banner for every the first two line units that exit, and the Russians one VB for every two of the six line units, so the most that either the Russians can get is three banners for that particular special rule, and the most the French can get is five.

Haven't played this particular scenario yet, but I suspect that it won't go as quickly as you imagine.

Edit: Ugh, see below.

But with only 7 banners needed to win, it can be a quick game. If the Russians destroy the two French LI (with only 2 blocks each) on or near the bridge in their first turn, that's 3 banners - almost half the total required - before the French turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
If the Russians destroy the two French LI (with only 2 blocks each) on or near the bridge in their first turn, that's 3 banners - almost half the total required - before the French turn.

That's wrong. Those first 2 units are only worth half a banner each total - not in addition to the usual banners.

So in your hypothetical the Russians would destroy those 2 LN and have 1 banner.

Phill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freeloading Phill wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
If the Russians destroy the two French LI (with only 2 blocks each) on or near the bridge in their first turn, that's 3 banners - almost half the total required - before the French turn.

That's wrong. Those first 2 units are only worth half a banner each total - not in addition to the usual banners.

So in your hypothetical the Russians would destroy those 2 LN and have 1 banner.

Phill

Thanks Phil, specifically your point about half-strength LI being worth half a Victory Banner each. That clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been officially clarified or is it a "fan made" clarification?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Has this been officially clarified or is it a "fan made" clarification?

which "rule" you mean exact?

And if you mean this

Quote:
Davout’s six line units, each start the battle with two blocks. The French player gains one Victory Banner when two of Davout’s line units exit the battlefield from the designated French baseline hex. An additional banner is gained for each line unit that exits after.

these rules don´t need any clarification, you must only read it exact!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean the rules for Russian elimination of Davouts units. Are they worth 0,5 or 1,5 VP each?

Its unclear to me whether the special rules expand on the standard rules or replace them in this regard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Russian player gains one Victory Banner for every two of Davout’s line units eliminated.

I don´t see any unclear rule!

Each 2 killed Davouts INF gives 1 VP!!!!!
So 2 killed = 1st VP
3 killed = waiting
4 killed = 2nd

No FAQ and official answer is need here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont understand how you cant see the unclear rule here...

The C&C rulebook clearly state that eliminated units are worth 1 victory banner.

The scenario notes or Krasnoi states that some units are worth 1 banner for every 2 units eliminated but NOWHERE is it stated if these banners are INSTEAD of the normal banners (to reflect that the units start at only half strenght) or IN ADDITION to to normal banners (to reflect that it was a high priority for the Russians not to be robbed of the prize of eliminating Davout´s corps)

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
The special Davout units gives 1 VP for each 2 killed units and
ALL other units are worth 1VP (additional) as the basic rules say.

Or let me say: All killed units of the scenario give you 1VP as normal,
except the special Davouts Infantry, here you need 2 killed for 1VP.

If it´s still unclear, i surrender shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.